• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mgaither0

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm on probation for wreckless driving and was wondering if this would have any effect on me buying a new gun. I've been told by some it wouldn't at all but then others have said if your on probation you can't purchase anything. Does anyone know? Thanks

DWinekoff

Nov 13, 2012
    Edgewater
    Unsupervised

On probation for a 2nd degree assault charge I made a regulated purchase. No issues. I was a Repo officer not a criminal, for the record.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    if you look at the paperwork you signed for probation, it forbids you from possessing a firearm or other 'weapons' without the approval of your probation agent.

DJ Paladin

Mar 12, 2012
    if you look at the paperwork you signed for probation, it forbids you from possessing a firearm or other 'weapons' without the approval of your probation agent.

+1

A friend of mine is anxiously waiting for his probation to be over for this very reason, drunk driving charge.

buckslugger

Jan 24, 2008
    Been into guns music and fast bikes my whole mid fifty yrs around here guys had and done more than one man could ever want and learned......patients is virtue and one hand feeds the other......nothing stays the same very long...

buckslugger

Jan 24, 2008
    Turbo 900 z1s. Fast 308s. Loud fast jams. Small crazy bitches with vise grip taters. And still waited for my purchases to be correct if going thru the system !
    Never give ammo to be noticed youngins

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I thought it was a felony with penalty of over 12 mo in prison. Not necessarily time served or sentenced, but what the crime calls for. Is this correct?

mgaither0

Mar 10, 2013
    This is exactly why we are having gun control legislation shoved down our throats... just saying.

Ok so if i get this right me being a gun own and NRA member and gun supporter who just so happened to get put on supervised probation for technically reckless driving which isnt even a jail able offense and wanting to buy a gun I'm the reason for gun control?????? Its not all the hood rats in the city getting illegal guns and killing people because they can? If you are any type of gun rights supporter you would realize the criminals are the ones causing all the gun problems. I guess I'm a criminal though because I drove recklessly.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ok so if i get this right me being a gun own and NRA member and gun supporter who just so happened to get put on supervised probation for technically reckless driving which isnt even a jail able offense and wanting to buy a gun I'm the reason for gun control?????? Its not all the hood rats in the city getting illegal guns and killing people because they can? If you are any type of gun rights supporter you would realize the criminals are the ones causing all the gun problems. I guess I'm a criminal though because I drove recklessly.

I dont think he meant it that way at all. However reckless driving requires a few things to take place before that ticket is written, otherwise youd be issued negligent. What did you do that warranted a ticket for reckless driving?

Feb 28, 2013
    I dont think he meant it that way at all. However reckless driving requires a few things to take place before that ticket is written, otherwise youd be issued negligent. What did you do that warranted a ticket for reckless driving?

Depends where he got the ticket. In VA, 80mph or above constitutes reckless driving. Mind you, the speed limit on most stretches of Interstate in VA has been increased to 70. So the threshold there has been considerably narrowed. That law was put in place around the same time as the raising of the speed limit.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Depends where he got the ticket. In VA, 80mph or above constitutes reckless driving. Mind you, the speed limit on most stretches of Interstate in VA has been increased to 70. So the threshold there has been considerably narrowed. That law was put in place around the same time as the raising of the speed limit.

I thought he was specifically talking about MD

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    First: This thread is already full of
    Ho
    Lee
    Puck

Second:
    Does "wreckless driving" just mean you didn't crash?

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    First: This thread is already full of
    Ho
    Lee
    Puck

Second:
    Does "wreckless driving" just mean you didn't crash?

janxster

Sep 15, 2012
    Pretty sure if you are charged with a misdemeanor that carries a maximum sentence of less than 2 yrs your good. It's not what sentence you get but what the judge could have sentenced you to. That has to be less than 2 yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom