• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Only one of Obama's picks got a vote on this issue so far. The conservatives on the court can hold on and wait for the right time to go.

And if one of the conservatives drop dead or get sick..............? They don't live forever you know and the only REALLY young ones are Bobo's picks.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Thats been said before , doesn't work. If people have not woken up by now they are in a coma

Au Contrair.

Carter's ineptitude ushered in 8 years of Reagan and the GOP taking control of the Senate for the first time in something like 20 or 30 years iirc.....and subsequently control of the entire Congress.

The problem largely was that Reagan was followed by a Big Gov Progressive (Bush Sr) who was for all intents and purposes the Anti Reagan,,,,,,,,Neverunderestimate the power of GOP Progressives to snatch Defeat from the Jaws of Victory.

While I would MUCH rather see responsible candidates that limit Gov to its Constitution (and fiscal) limits, short of that I'm afraid its going to take another 4 years of Obama to teach the lesson that needs to be taught every couple of decades.

American Citizens are unfortunately getting what the voted for (and deserve) good and hard

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    And if one of the conservatives drop dead or get sick..............? They don't live forever you know and the only REALLY young ones are Bobo's picks.

Your right; but honestly; it's pointless. They have made up their minds, they will be the first to complain when things go bad.

I'm tired of it. Whats the point? This is a gun forum and we are discussing if it's better to elect a rabid anti-gun politician for another 4 years.

But it fits with the general apathy of Maryland gun owner.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Do you think the RP bots grasp that? :sad20: Once Bobo appoints two more Supreme's it's game over and they deserve what they get. I don't like Romney but considering a unbridled Bobo as an alternative I'll take him for the next 4.

Unfortunately none of the GOP Candidates save Dr Paul have demonstrated any desire to adhere to the Constitution so really whats your point?

Gingrich and Santorum's voting records have proven that they don't believe that the Constitution puts any limits on what the Fed Gov can do.....and Romney is no better......so the chances of any of these three appointing a candidate that will be from the same cloth as Thomas are about nil......they will appoint Big Gov Progressives just like Obama has.

If you believe otherwise you're ignoring their historical/voting records.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Your right; but honestly; it's pointless. They have made up their minds, they will be the first to complain when things go bad.

I'm tired of it. Whats the point? This is a gun forum and we are discussing if it's better to elect a rabid anti-gun politician for another 4 years.

But it fits with the general apathy of Maryland gun owner.

Hmmm...so the choice is to go off the 1000' cliff at 150 MPH with Obama or we go off the cliff at 120 MPH with one of the GOP Progressives.

Its like giving a voter a choice of having their head cut off or getting a 45 to the head......

Hmm......decapitation or bullet to the head.......not much of a choice.......end result is the same

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Romney signed the first AWB IN THE COUNTRY.

He qudrupled the cost of FID cards (license to OWN firearms, buy ammo etc.

He claimed to be a "lifelong hunter" during his last campaign, and got called out on it, ended up he never held a hunting license. He went along during a bird hunt at a Republican fundraiser, and claimed to have shot a rabbit once when he was a kid.

He was a vocal supporter of the Brady bill and gun control for a couple decades. He even went as far as to say "my position won't make me a hero of the NRA." He bought an NRA lifetime membership in 2006 when his campaign suggested it.

He is a wannabe fudd when his handlers think it will help him. He is a liar, a hypocrite, and his reccord speaks for itself. He is the most decietful slimeball running IMO, including Obama, at least Obama comes out and SAYS the batspit crazy stuff he supports, Romney will say whatever he thinks will help his election campaign, than does whatever his black liberal heart desires. It is apparent the republican party has not learned from 2008, they keep pushing "communist light", and patting themselves on the back all the way to election night, guess they don't call them the stupid party for nothing. I won't vote for him if he wins the nomination, I hate the guy to that degree. I know that is basically a "vote for Barry Hussein", and as much as I hate his ideology, it brings conservatives together and gets them involved, ideally that would be with a house and senate in Republican control so nothing gets done. While it probably won't happen, I hope someone else, ANYONE else plays spoiler and gets the nomination instead of Romney. Hopefully the RNC gets their heads out of their asses in 2016.

I was going to jump in on this thread, but couldn't put it better than this ^. :thumbsup:

He is a slimeball of the highest order and will, in the end, be more detrimental to 2A than obama, if elected.

I've come to believe that we simply haven't fallen far enough for people to wake up (mitt's popularity is exhibit A); maybe another 4 years of obama is what we need. Dow below 9K and 15% unemployment my get us back on track.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I was going to jump in on this thread, but couldn't put it better than this ^. :thumbsup:

He is a slimeball of the highest order and will, in the end, be more detrimental to 2A than obama, if elected.

I've come to believe that we simply haven't fallen far enough for people to wake up (mitt's popularity is exhibit A); maybe another 4 years of obama is what we need.

4 more years of an unchecked Bobo you won't even recognize what you need anymore. It will no longer matter.:sad20: I'm no Romney fan BUT for 4 years he won't do anything drastic, he too would want to be reelected.

ih8hippies

hippy apocalypse?
    Apr 24, 2011
    Odenton
    They're young and stupid....they deserve a life without 2A rights if they can't grasp the big picture. Paul is a career politician, not a very good one at that....he's made no impact with his hundred years in congress. He might as well have been voting "present" like the piece of shit in the WH.

***flame suite on***

Respectfully disagree - I'm no "Paul bot", but I do agree with a lot of what he says. I'm not 100% on board with some of his foreign policy and drug positions, but I don't think he's all that far off.

RP may be out of sync with the present conservative base...but I suspect he'd fit in quite well with the founders. Also, I don't see any impressive legislation coming from the other candidates...

Be easy on me, I'm young & stupid.

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD

I've come to believe that we simply haven't fallen far enough for people to wake up (mitt's popularity is exhibit A); maybe another 4 years of obama is what we need. Dow below 9K and 15% unemployment my get us back on track.

Dude, put the crack pipe away....anyone other than Obama! We all know politicians are liars and crooks. I think at this point we know what Obama is aiming for, and we can't afford to chance losing what Heller and McDonald gave us.

If you are voting for Obama, just stay home as I am going to cancel your vote out with mine in November. Nothing personal, just stating the obvious.

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD
    Romney, as some of the others mentioned, will vote with whatever is politically expedient at the moment. Fortunately on the National stage gun control is a big political loser right now. Also figure in the House should remain GOP next term, the Senate could go either way, so you're not likely to have any sweeping gun legislation(outside of an HR 822 or similiar) come through.
    So whatever he thinks about AWB, GFSZ, NFA-is largely irrelevant. His picks for the judiciary are where it's at.

Well said....:thumbsup:

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    If you are voting for Obama, just stay home as I am going to cancel your vote out with mine in November. Nothing personal, just stating the obvious.

And mine will cancel your friends Obama vote out! Can I get an AMEN?

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    They don't. They blame everyone but Ron Paul for his failure to win a primary. Simple fact is that he is not marketable.

The funny part is any polls of candidates vs Obama, Ron Paul beats everyone's numbers and beats Obama, the same youth that voted Obama in to begin with realizes their mistakes and is voting for the only honest guy out there, people call him crazy but what's crazy about following what this country was founded on?

Anytime we have intervened in other countries affairs we've helped what would become our enemies, Mubarak, bin laden etc, all we accomplish is more people gunning for us and making us more and more broke, we can't afford to police the world

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Remember the scorecard in Heller? Romney will get two first round draft choices for the Supremes. He's not perfect, but he's got the business acumen to start turning this disaster around. The clock is ticking down. If Zippy gets re-elected, we're not going to make it to 2016 as a country anything like we knew. And he will have successfully packed the Supremes with fascists who will make freedom a lost cause for decades.

We took a century to get into this mess, we're not going to get out of it in one election. This isn't like TV, where after 23 minutes of drama and 7 minutes of bathroom breaks, everything gets neatly wrapped up until next week. It's messy, and it's imperfect.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Remember the scorecard in Heller? Romney will get two first round draft choices for the Supremes. He's not perfect, but he's got the business acumen to start turning this disaster around. The clock is ticking down. If Zippy gets re-elected, we're not going to make it to 2016 as a country anything like we knew. And he will have successfully packed the Supremes with fascists who will make freedom a lost cause for decades.

We took a century to get into this mess, we're not going to get out of it in one election. This isn't like TV, where after 23 minutes of drama and 7 minutes of bathroom breaks, everything gets neatly wrapped up until next week. It's messy, and it's imperfect.

Agreed in whole.

What is it again we know he is "aiming for"?

To pack the USSC with Justices that have a similiar mindset to him. I do not shre his vision for America, so I tend to view this as a dangerous thing.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    The funny part is any polls of candidates vs Obama, Ron Paul beats everyone's numbers and beats Obama, the same youth that voted Obama in to begin with realizes their mistakes and is voting for the only honest guy out there, people call him crazy but what's crazy about following what this country was founded on?

Anytime we have intervened in other countries affairs we've helped what would become our enemies, Mubarak, bin laden etc, all we accomplish is more people gunning for us and making us more and more broke, we can't afford to police the world

You know I keep hearing that but if its true it has not translated into wins for Dr. Paul.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    You know what the difference between Romney and John Kerry is? Neither do I.

There is none but the good thing about Romney is that he's a toolbag we can control because he will want another term in '16. If the 2A community keeps the pressure up we could see some changes in our favor

No way we could have any influence over a Kerry or Obama

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom