• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Would this survive the EMP?

It would fare better that most digital systems. I'd probably lose my radio, chartplotter and wind instruments. But since the engine is mechanical, I'd have power and the batteries and alternator would probably survive given the breakers would probably trip. Even with the starter gone I could still start the engine.

If I was actually planning to survive an EMP, I would look into shielding the systems and putting it breakers to save the core systems. And EMP can't kill a mechanical watch and a sextant so navigation would still be an option.

Matt

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Shoot the neighbor that's been eyeballing my Bronco, take some flowers to his wife (she's been giving me winks lately), and get her & the new family out of Dodge.

mattyrayb

Feb 23, 2010
    waldorf
    Lots of family nearby with weapons so I'm getting everyone together. Extended family has a 42' sailboat but they're a little far to travel in chaos.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Probably nighttime and with no electricity, my street probably look the same as middle of the woods at night time, total darkness. I sit at home and try to wait it out until the sun comes out. I probably go hunting and fishing around the parks and woods around my way, around day three, but I would drink all my cold beers that night!

buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    It's really as simple as waiting for 75% of the population to annihilate themselves in the first couple of weeks. Then start over with your surviving neighbors. After a while, curiosity will get the better of most of the other 25% and they will venture out to see if their loved ones are OK. If they aren't armed to the teeth, they won't make it very far.....

At this point, we would stay at home. We have supplies for a while and already have a plan if things get completely outta hand. I think it would take a couple of weeks before the situation began to affect us.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Stay in place. Have enough Wise foods for a month, G&A for a Loooooong time and within walking distance to a run off pond, have an H2O filter.
    Friend has a 70's Dodge pickup, no electronics and will burn diesel and other fuels. He's heading to his property in WV.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Pedal power works to get from A to B.

Even with a pre-electronics controlled engine system (I've read that many modern cars will survive an EMP), unless you can get where you want to go on one tank of gas or carry (fresh) extra cans of fuel, fuel pumps may not be working either. Plus, you will likely end up in traffic delays eating further into your fuel.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm staying or sheltering in place. Then I have tactical mountain bikes to use for short distances.

A tactical mountain bike ?????:lol::lol: what is there a pindle mount on the handlebars ?
    Hahahahahahhahahahaha. Stand back or my bike will yell " Stop Resisting " over and over..

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It's very unlikely that there will be an EMP or solar event so significant that there will be no warning before it hits. Especially for me, I try to stay on top of such possibilities.

But let's go with it, my actions without warning would be pretty much the same.

Get home, as fast as possible do all the following simultaneously:

Family/friends head count. Notify people, give emergency advice and contact instructions.
    pull out radios stored in metal boxes and get information. Most important, how widespread is the problem and what services are still online.

Fill every possible container with water.

Update family/friends. Contact my local officials see what assistance I might be able to provide.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Tactical bikes or hpv ( human powered vehicle )

Is not a stupid concept in terms of mobility. A soldier can travel about 30 miles per day , carrying hundreds of pounds in gear. You can't do that walking.

Japanese soldiers in ww2 out maneuvered allied troops using bicycles. Vietnamese troops also traversed the ho chi Minh trail using bicycles. It's a time proven military tactic. Mine will have pintle mounts and up armored seat
    http://www.montaguebikes.com/paratrooper-folding-military-bike.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom