• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I wonder if this is in accordance with the Norman vs. FL case that has been open for what, like 5 years now?

Good for them, hope it passes.

777GSOTB

Mar 23, 2014
    Strict Scrutiny,...but still requiring a license in the exercise of the fundamental right to open carry a firearm for self-defense....That's a good one.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I am not against daily open carry, so long as there is a thumb break, or locking system for the gun. Concealed wouldn't need to meet said standard. I trust enthusiasts who know what they are doing, but I don't trust the general, untrained public to keep their weapon secured in a quality holster in the toilet stall next to my kid, or to be smart enough to keep some nutcase from quickly taking it from them and killing others.

777GSOTB

Mar 23, 2014
    I am not against daily open carry, so long as there is a thumb break, or locking system for the gun. Concealed wouldn't need to meet said standard. I trust enthusiasts who know what they are doing, but I don't trust the general, untrained public to keep their weapon secured in a quality holster in the toilet stall next to my kid, or to be smart enough to keep some nutcase from quickly taking it from them and killing others.

License taxes have nothing to do with training, but if it's all about training, then the government can issue a " Passed The Training Certificate "...No need for a license/contract. What kind of rifle/shotgun holster would you suggest?

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    License taxes have nothing to do with training, but if it's all about training, then the government can issue a " Passed The Training Certificate "...No need for a license/contract. What kind of rifle/shotgun holster would you suggest?

License? Training? Your words, not mine. I am talking about securing the gun on ones body. That is a whole different thread.

It was pretty clear that I was speaking about handguns. We can have different rules for both long guns and handguns.

As per long guns, I feel there should be a rule set. For example, carrying a long gun while hunting is OK. Carrying on the way to the range, ok. Carrying during time of severe weather, earthquakes, or disasters, ok. Just a few possible examples.

But general carry of a long gun for no particular reason -- no.

777GSOTB

Mar 23, 2014
    Ok,...get rid of the quote...I was just talking about some facts that a majority of gun people overlook. Trained police screw up all the time and schools can be used for training the " general, untrained public " as well.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

This makes no sense to me. It must be because there is total chaos in traditional open carry states, and complete nirvana in concealed carry states, right?

Your child is more likely to slip and fall and crack his/her skull due to a wet floor near the toilet, than get accidentally shot by someone carrying. Or, more likely to get run over in the parking lot.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This makes no sense to me. It must be because there is total chaos in traditional open carry states, and complete nirvana in concealed carry states, right?

Well, there are lots of pictures of toilets blown to pieces by NDs. Public rest rooms are dangerous places, especially when frequented by partially-clad arms-bearing individuals. I can sorta see the poster's point about this.

JC92

Aug 1, 2012
    MD
    Well, there are lots of pictures of toilets blown to pieces by NDs. Public rest rooms are dangerous places, especially when frequented by partially-clad arms-bearing individuals. I can sorta see the poster's point about this.

This argument about what types of holsters are approved, etc, is a slippery slope and a diversion. It leads to what types of handguns or ammunition are "too" dangerous. We should concentrate on regulating conduct, not the guns themselves. You are responsible for your conduct that lead to a ND, regardless if your holster was approved or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom