• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    I am looking for more information on someone affordable who has experience with working on classic/historic/antique cars, specifically pre-war domestic cars. I have a mid 1930's Ford that likely has a broken clutch plate, or at the very least a rod or bearing issue.

I'd love to do it myself, but I'm hesitant to start breaking really old gaskets and seals.

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    The best bet might be to try to make contact with a local Ford club and ask for recommendations.

You could also try Looper's on Stonestreet St. I have no personal experience with them! However, a club I belong to took a tour there a few years ago, and they did seem to be familiar with older cars. You could tell them that a friend of Walt Baker's (now, sadly, deceased) sent you.

As for breaking old gaskets and seals, it will have to be done one way or the other to diagnose and fix the problem. It's really no different from doing the same thing on a modern car. However, in this case you might want to be sure you have new gaskets before disassembling anything. Personally, if it were a job I thought I had the skill to do, I wouldn't hesitate to do it just because the job is on a pre-War car.

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    I have a 30 Model A ford that I recently had to put a clutch in. Not a big job its much easier then you think. Where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom