• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    - over gassed unshootable AK74U
    -waited 2 and 1/2 hours to shoot 500yards had to ask for a refund cuz it never happened
    - range was full Knew it would be like that
    - people covering our targets up with theirs/ people shooting our clays
    -idiots flagging and dangerous all day

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    - over gassed unshootable AK74U
    -waited 2 and 1/2 hours to shoot 500yards had to ask for a refund cuz it never happened
    - range was full Knew it would be like that
    - people covering our targets up with theirs/ people shooting our clays
    -idiots flagging and dangerous all day

Some range days are better than others. I know it's not the same venue, but now you understand why we Hooligans avoid certain public ranges on holiday weekends like the plague.

:sad20:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Yep, I was considering a trip to the range today and decided that it was safer to stay home and clean up around the office.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yep, I was considering a trip to the range today and decided that it was safer to stay home and clean up around the office.

Same here. Only I was (still) processing brass and polishing feed-ramps on some pistols.

M&P - Done.
    USP - Done.
    Hi-Power (current production) - Done.

My range trip will be in the morning. :)

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD

A bit surprisingly, Sanner's Lake was nearly deserted today. A couple shooters on the Bullseye-Range, a couple folks in the Pits, four shooters on the rifle-range, the shotgun-range was empty, four fisherman (one of whom hooked and released a 6 lb bass), and a Hunter's Ed class of 35 in the clubhouse.

It was a great day. We woulda welcomed you, Perrin.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    A bit surprisingly, Sanner's Lake was nearly deserted today. A couple shooters on the Bullseye-Range, a couple folks in the Pits, four shooters on the rifle-range, the shotgun-range was empty, four fisherman (one of whom hooked and released a 6 lb bass), and a Hunter's Ed class of 35 in the clubhouse.

It was a great day. We woulda welcomed you, Perrin.

I wanted to go shoot a few rounds of Sporting Clays at PG Trap and Skeet or Pin Tail Point. When I got up this morning I decided it wasn't worth dealing with the traffic or possible crowds and got some work done around the house.

I still have two more days to head out to the range.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for letting me shoot some of the clays Greg. I owe you.

The 74 can be fixed by that builder.

My day was fun with exception to one of my flare guns converted to 3" 410 slugs, that blew up today AND I had a casing blow in the chamber area up by striking the bolt in my 9mm AR. No damage, just some burns on my finger. I should have been wearing my shooting gloves. That gun is a BEAST. Hitting steel @200 with ease.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Chad, was this the SBR 9mm? I have been thinking of building a 9mm for my 300blk lower until I reload. That's awesome if your getting out to 200 with that micro AR.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Chad, was this the SBR 9mm? I have been thinking of building a 9mm for my 300blk lower until I reload. That's awesome if your getting out to 200 with that micro AR.

Yup, the 4.5" gun. Hitting the silhouette steel with ease.

The KB was a magazine related issue. The mag threw out a doublefeed and the corner of the bolt hit the primer when the bolt went home on top of the other half chambered round. It blew the casing bad.

The gun is fine. I wanted to take it to 300 and them 500 but the 500 was occupied and the 300 kept getting littered with rounds and I couldn't gauge my trajectory.

I had the casing and was going to post pics but I lost it after leaving the range.

It blew out the front like this casing (Except mine was 9mm)

223Kaboom.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hmmm.....I had a horrible range day too. I came home so sad that my safe is such a lonely place. Now I realize that a few more things are needed to make my other guns happy. Got my EOTech sighted in, and got my M1A sighted in. Hitting 200 yards, almost as well as Chad's micro AR.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My day at Elk Neck on Friday wasn't the best trip. It was crowded (although I got there early) and several people were blatantly disregarding the range rules (there was no RSO and I'm no rule-Nazi but people coming down the bank with uncased shotguns and holstered pistols is a bit unnerving given some of the history of unsafe shooting at Elk Neck). In general I felt unsafe and ended up leaving

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Some dildo-with-ears was on the pistol range at Delmarva today with a flare gun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom