• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Ultimately, though, this is the result of progressive social engineering. Leftist ideas about equality are behind the huge push toward multiculturalism and the lies hiding it’s failure.
    This is the true enemy. I just spent a few days with my brother in-law and his wife and they are so liberal it hurts. Whenever the conversation broached on facts they would simply deny it and repeat themselves. I really don't understand how 2 intelligent and financially successful people can choose to be so ignorant.

Luigi2020

Oct 21, 2013
    Nottingham, MD
    The liberal philosophy is deeply ingrained in some people. I was recently in western PA for a sportsman's club's picnic/gun raffle. All of my relatives are hunters/gun owners, but they're also raging liberals. I came downstairs the morning of the gun raffle wearing an NRA t-shirt, and when my 82 year old aunt saw it, she immediately started ranting and raving, spewing random key words like "assault weapons" and "school shootings". She told me I was not allowed to wear that t-shirt in her house. The look of pure anger and hatred triggered simply by seeing an NRA logo was frightening, but it showed me how the liberal philosophy is deeply rooted in the psyche of otherwise kind, logical people.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    The liberal philosophy is deeply ingrained in some people. I was recently in western PA for a sportsman's club's picnic/gun raffle. All of my relatives are hunters/gun owners, but they're also raging liberals. I came downstairs the morning of the gun raffle wearing an NRA t-shirt, and when my 82 year old aunt saw it, she immediately started ranting and raving, spewing random key words like "assault weapons" and "school shootings". She told me I was not allowed to wear that t-shirt in her house. The look of pure anger and hatred triggered simply by seeing an NRA logo was frightening, but it showed me how the liberal philosophy is deeply rooted in the psyche of otherwise kind, logical people.

So, did you take it off or call her bluff and leave? I know what I would have done .... :party29:

DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena

The NRA might not be perfect, but do your gun owning relatives understand that without the NRA we would likely have even greater infringements of our 2nd Amendment rights? The sad reality of politics in our country is that money talks and nothing else really matters.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA

So, did you take it off or call her bluff and leave? I know what I would have done .... :party29:

Yep, there would have been a terse,"kiss my ass" as the door slammed on my way out.

Same here. That ain't somebody I could think of a reason for ever needing to speak to again.

QUOTE by Luigi2020;The look of pure anger and hatred triggered simply by seeing an NRA logo was frightening, .......

No response by Luigi2020 ? I see he's a new member, but he logged in yesterday .... I'm bett'in he took it off to keep the peace?

:sad20:

We all have to make our own decisions on how to handle family matters, especially in situations such as this. Sometimes it's better to withdraw to fight another day. Me? I would have said "I'm sorry you feel that way Aunt _____. I'll go up and pack my things.... and won't offend you any further... nor in the future...."

Luigi2020

Oct 21, 2013
    Nottingham, MD
    I just laughed it off and went to the picnic. I didn't feel like it was worth my time to argue with an 82 year old raging liberal in her kitchen about the second amendment. Some people get their panties in a bunch every time someone disagrees with them. I prefer to pick and choose my battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom