• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    So, have recently moved to Crownsville, up close to where 178 runs into 97 NB. When I purchased the house the previous owner mentioned that they believe there to be a range close to the house. I have looked everywhere and until recently had not heard anything. This past Sunday I heard someone active on a range all day. It lasted several hours, which led me to believe that it was more than someone out shooting on his land. Also heard some auto fire in the afternoon. It seemed to come from very near to the I97.

Anyone know of a range not on the current lists in that area?

JWLaRue

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I too live in the same general area. I have a neighbor that is into full-auto (and armor restoration)...that might have been who you heard. You should hear the fun when he holds his annual restoration group get together.

As far as I know, there is not public range in the area....

-Jeff

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    If you find one, I'd love to know. I live in Millersville and there's nothing I'm aware of, unless he considers On Target "close."

No ranges near you.There's some shooting that goes on off Gumbottom Rd.,it's pretty much locked-up as far as shooting there though.Sometimes the owner will give permission but it's rare since he spends most of his time in Fl.There's also a few people that shoot off Bacon Ridge Rd. (across 97 from you) at a couple different properties (usually where you'll hear the full-auto).

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I've lived in that area since 1990. If there was a range there, I would have found it! I drive almost 20 miles to Stoney Creek Fishing and Hunting Club to go to the range (at least it's mostly Highway...97 - 100 - Hog Neck RD - Ft Smallwood Rd)

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I've lived in that area since 1990. If there was a range there, I would have found it! I drive almost 20 miles to Stoney Creek Fishing and Hunting Club to go to the range (at least it's mostly Highway...97 - 100 - Hog Neck RD - Ft Smallwood Rd)

Is AA County Fish & Game as close as Stoney Creek or are they about the same?

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    A bit off topic, but how do you all like living in that area.
    We are current looking at houses and we really like the area.

Thanks

killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    Thanks for the all the comments. Shoulda know that a range this close would be too good to be true.
    Really enjoying the area. Nice and quiet, schools are decent (not an issue for me yet) and I have a very easy 10 min commute to work.
    Downsides are no real local shops other than heading to Annapolis or up to Waugh Chapel. No big deal, I just make sure I grab what I need on the way back from work.

killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    I moved back here (near the mall) and I am not aware of any range close. I would be interested if you find anything. There are a few other members in our area. What type of shooting do you do?

Into all kinds. I shoot pistol, thinking of getting into some practical shooting. I also enjoy tactical AR shooting. Nothing too high speed.
    Other than that I just enjoy plinking with my 22's or some longer range on the 308 bolt gun. Anything to get some rounds down.

killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    Stop by (behind the Shell) and say hey.

I am right around the corner from you on Northfield Lane. We should plan a little get together. I also plan on loading up a couple guys and heading to PG County trap and skeet. Or the club across the bridge? Not sure of the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom