• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Saturday would you be able to attend an AK build party?

• Total voters

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    there is also the school of thought that 922(r) applies to sales/transfers and not something you build for personal possession. i'm not saying it's one way or the other, just explaining the point of view of another group of folks. study it and make your own choice.

I did some Googling and couldn't find anything on this AF. Can you point me towards some place that I can read up on the topic? Everything I'm reading is screaming to comply with 922(r) no matter what

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Still trying to find someone that can bend a 1.5mm flat. Tried to use the standard 1mm jig but it was a no-go.
    Also I receive my Apex AK63D kit in the mail today. Have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. Looks great and couldn't beat the price.

I have the dies to bend a 1.5mm flat if you are building a pistol or SBR.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    hey guys I'd like to get in on the next build party if possible. I have flats already bent.

normal ak https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29838
    polish underfolder https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29790
    ak74 side folder https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29854

I saw this kit today, Anybody know if this is a good kit ?
    http://www.classicfirearms.com/amd65partialbuildproject762x39

if there are any better current deals let me know, any suggestions are highly welcomed

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    the stock on an AMD is beyond atrocious.

if you never plan to shoot it shouldered, attempting to use the sights, then it's the perfect rifle for you. if you ever want to try and use a correct sight picture.....look elsewhere.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I think I will try and come watch I am tapped out for a good long while now with the vepr I had to have lol. AF you going to any of them ?

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Here is the Maadi I assembled at the first party. Pictures are way dark, and it still needs paint, but runs flawlessly at the range. This was built on a polish blank that was fully heat treated.

TC is a great mentor when it comes to building.:thumbsup:

Hoping to make this party too. Have another wood stock Maadi to assemble.

Attachments

• IMAG1119b.jpg
      IMAG1119b.jpg
      48.3 KB · Views: 178
    • IMAG1120b.jpg
      IMAG1120b.jpg
      50 KB · Views: 181
    • IMAG1117b.jpg
      IMAG1117b.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 177

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    the stock on an AMD is beyond atrocious.

if you never plan to shoot it shouldered, attempting to use the sights, then it's the perfect rifle for you. if you ever want to try and use a correct sight picture.....look elsewhere.

What?!?!? You don't like to do the Bobble-Headed-Chicken-Neck when shooting an AMD-65? LOL!

I had the same problem when I first bought my AMD and then I bought an AMD65 Tech cheek weld. It bolts on with two Allen head screws - Problem solved.

Attachments

• My AKs.jpg
      My AKs.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 179

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Here is the Maadi I assembled at the first party. Pictures are way dark, and it still needs paint, but runs flawlessly at the range. This was built on a polish blank that was fully heat treated.

TC is a great mentor when it comes to building.:thumbsup:

Hoping to make this party too. Have another wood stock Maadi to assemble.

Sweet looking Maadi, and thanks for the compliment.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Forgot to ask,

Any chance you are going to have the park tank at this one? I have another pre October project that needs parkerizing to finish it off

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    How did you buy a VEPR? Thought these were a no-go in MD now.

Certain calibers are a no-go because they're a different form of AK-47 type rifle. Many of the larger-caliber versions (x54r, .308, 12-gauge) aren't interchangeable with ak-47 parts and thus aren't copies or copycats. S'alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom