• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I saw the MSNBC piece last night. Just appalling that people would threaten someones life over what they choose to sell in their store.

Personally the technology is not for me. It was stated last night in the MSNBC piece that gun technology has not changed in years and has not kept pace with other technologies. There is a reason, guns are meant for self defense. For this job you want the simplest most reliable instrument possible. Introducing batteries, electrionics and external devices that are needed to operate the firearm just introduces more things that can fail.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It would not surprise me if the threats were coming from a Leftist false-flag operation.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    The more of these snippet interviews I watch, I can't help but wonder if there really were any actual threats and not possibly comments taken the wrong way.

So Andy imagined the threats?

Somehow I doubt it. Why can't our side accept that there are some who would bully an FFL over this choice.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    So Andy imagined the threats?

Somehow I doubt it. Why can't our side accept that there are some who would bully an FFL over this choice.

Oh I can accept that idea fine. I'm not saying that our side is not capable of such things.

There is only thing that makes me question the possible validity of the threats. That's the fact that it appears from the moment the firestorm erupted, there did not appear to be much damage control. If anything, he never ran from any reporters's mic or camera.

Is it not impossible that there really is no such thing as bad publicity?

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Without proof it's alledged threats.

I fully agree, I don't understand why local & State law enforcement are not involved with the threats, They should be. I don't believe its that hard to trace phone calls, emails and facebook postings. Even if Andy did not want to press charges against anyone the county and or State should go after them. :shrug:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I saw the MSNBC piece last night. Just appalling that people would threaten someones life over what they choose to sell in their store.

Personally the technology is not for me. It was stated last night in the MSNBC piece that gun technology has not changed in years and has not kept pace with other technologies. There is a reason, guns are meant for self defense. For this job you want the simplest most reliable instrument possible. Introducing batteries, electrionics and external devices that are needed to operate the firearm just introduces more things that can fail.

thats a false premise about firearms not advancing technologically. lighter materials, aluminum, composites, polymers. manufacturing technology has advanced to where a small shop can manufacture things only a large factory used to be able. the syplly chain for retailers is almost entirely online. new powders and cartridges are developed every year. firearms technology is increasing rapidly.

msnbc is pissed that guns dont have a wifi off switch that their masters can control.

let look at hammers. they dont have wifi. they dont have internal locks. wooden handle and steel head since the 1500s. some have fiber glass handles. some have composite handles. titanium heads. but they arent government regulated like firearms. if you want a better framing hammer, you buy a high capacity, select fire nail gun. and that boys and girls, is how government stops technology through regulation.

May 13, 2005
    You guys really need to start thinking about the second and third order affects of these smart guns. Some of you are playing checkers while our opponents are playing chess.

Kilroy gets it. I spelled it out in post #79 on page 4, but some folks won't look past their nose and say they welcome this new technology. Adding technology to small arms, whether you call it a smart gun or another name, is just the fist step in taking the control of the weapon away from the user. There are already conceptual ideas floating out there to network small arms just like smart phones - AND impose greater control, data collection and monitoring than any of us would want. We would be silly to let the market decide, as the left adamantly wants these to flood it so they can ultimately institutionalize the technology. The left will happily subsidize this and fund the 'market' to accept them.

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    thats a false premise about firearms not advancing technologically. lighter materials, aluminum, composites, polymers. manufacturing technology has advanced to where a small shop can manufacture things only a large factory used to be able. the syplly chain for retailers is almost entirely online. new powders and cartridges are developed every year. firearms technology is increasing rapidly.

msnbc is pissed that guns dont have a wifi off switch that their masters can control.

let look at hammers. they dont have wifi. they dont have internal locks. wooden handle and steel head since the 1500s. some have fiber glass handles. some have composite handles. titanium heads. but they arent government regulated like firearms. if you want a better framing hammer, you buy a high capacity, select fire nail gun. and that boys and girls, is how government stops technology through regulation.

That is exactly right. MSNBC's comments could only be made by someone who knows nothing about the firearms industry and doesn't care to know. Which does not surprise me in the least.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    You have to understand that the people who write gun laws have little or no factual knowledge about guns. They don't need to know anything about them since they don't own them, nor do they know anyone who owns them. Do you see the logic there?

Therefore, your hammer analogy becomes a straw man because few, if any, hammers are purchased to harm any living being, while many (most?) guns are. So, from the viewpoint of your average liberal loon, if you get rid of guns, the world becomes happy and gay (I'll leave the question of whether there's a pun there for you to judge).

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Do you often question the integrity or honesty of others? Seems rude to me. :sad20:

I knew my CCW permit motive input wasn't going to be popular, but I do feel that without proof of the life threatening allegations that there could be a motive to make those allegations for his own benefit. I believe that not questioning integrity and honesty can be just as bad. I realize folks that know and really like Andy were offended that I raised that question, but I said it; all I can say now is I'm sorry if anyone was offended.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    You guys really need to start thinking about the second and third order affects of these smart guns. Some of you are playing checkers while our opponents are playing chess.

Kilroy gets it. I spelled it out in post #79 on page 4, but some folks won't look past their nose and say they welcome this new technology. Adding technology to small arms, whether you call it a smart gun or another name, is just the fist step in taking the control of the weapon away from the user. There are already conceptual ideas floating out there to network small arms just like smart phones - AND impose greater control, data collection and monitoring than any of us would want. We would be silly to let the market decide, as the left adamantly wants these to flood it so they can ultimately institutionalize the technology. The left will happily subsidize this and fund the 'market' to accept them.

We need to be several moves down the chess board, but not about stopping technology. Technology CANNOT BE STOPPED. Our work several moves ahead on the chess board should to be devoted to preventing legislators from mandating SG technology and making current technology illegal. Other manufacturers will continue to perfect the SG, either here in the US or abroad, and legislators will take notice of it. They will just propose laws to mandate SG's, even without US sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom