• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    There are some really fatass people in China.

I might get an HQL so I can buy a few handguns from engage. Or maybe just buy another HBAR.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    I'm disappointed.

I'm disappointed in Engage for assisting this company, even after the backlash in CA.

I'm disappointed in the people who threatened Engage and it's employees. How anyone can threaten the life of another is beyond me.

I'm disappointed in the video, and the statement earlier in this thread that are just gas on the fire.

Mistakes happen, no one is perfect; but this is really disappointing.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    I'm with ya Andy. Business is business and you should sell what you think the market will buy. I also applaud your attempt to get at a market (DC yuppie) that is largely untapped. I have a colleague who fits the bill (Georgetown lawyer); I was telling him about your decision and the controversy surrounding this issue today. Of course, I don't like smart guns but I don't have to buy one either (at least for the moment).

I'm sorry to hear you received death threats over your decision. I've received similar treatment from folks who didn't (and probably still don't) appreciate some of my more nuanced views on firearms law and gun rights. The mob is fickle brother: it's your friend one minute, then ready to tear you to pieces the next. I hope you, your staff, and Brutus come through this in good order. If you need anything, please call. I'm happy to help if I can.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    The problem that I have right now is that you support the 2A, yet you are trying to suppress the 1A. Deal with the hypocrisy on your end before coming at me.

God damn right,
    Welcome to the Spotlight. We all make mistakes, But to video a alcohol fused meltdown and post it on Facebook. Huge Huge Mistake. That video and snap shots of that video will be used against gun owners for years and years.

I truly wish Andy can move his business forward and get past the lack of enough income.
    Its now a new business selling firearms in Maryland.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Andy made the front page of The Blaze, Glenn Beck's website.
    raymond-620x517.jpg

i-really-fing-appreciate-that-why-a-gun-store-owner-is-so-upset-after-pulling-plan-to-sell-high-tech-gun

liberty.jpg

...ehehehe. It also reminds me of my avatar. I'm of a firm belief that the ATFE should be a convenience store.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Gun owners absolutely should not be supporting any product that WILL be used to chip away at our rights. Of course Maryland would be first to screw New Jersey gun owners... He has the right to sell what he wants, and I have the freedom to never ever spend a dime there. Ever.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Gun owners absolutely should not be supporting any product that WILL be used to chip away at our rights. Of course Maryland would be first to screw New Jersey gun owners... He has the right to sell what he wants, and I have the freedom to never ever spend a dime there. Ever.

Products don't chip away at our rights.
    Misguided politicians chip away at our rights.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Andy, I'm thrilled to have bought an E4 pistol earlier this week and will wear my shirt with pride. Hope you may have some more 3X shirts on hand when I come in for pickup. You're the man and your ideals are sound - and I don't expect infallibility from people I admire.

WITH YOUR SHIELD...OR ON IT!

Best to Brutus.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    He knew what he was getting into and I feel like this was all a ploy for some free advertising. I support his right to sell whatever he wants but I can't help but feel this was just a case of attention whoring to draw attention to himself.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    He knew what he was getting into and I feel like this was all a ploy for some free advertising. I support his right to sell whatever he wants but I can't help but feel this was just a case of attention whoring to draw attention to himself.

Completely disagree.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I don't know how I really feel about smart guns at this point. Do I want one with current technology? Hell no! But as technology advances, maybe to a point where there is no discernible difference, it would probably be a good thing. Competition to build a better smart gun will make this happen fast. Just think, the iPhone just came out 7 years ago, and now look at the market. The finger print reader on the smart phones are pretty accurate and instant. Fast forward just 2 years, and the technology will probably be perfected. I understand the apprehension and various arguments I myself battle with. Cost? Forced law? Hacking on current models? Reliability? Etc.... But, I also think about statistics. How many people are killed with their own gun? Most people really don't know how they would react when faced with a scenario where you shoot or don't shoot. You hesitate at the wrong time, and now the bad guy takes your gun out of your hand and then takes your life. How many guns are stolen, and then used in the commission of a crime? How many inquisitive kids pick up their Dads loaded firearm and the worst case scenario unfolds? Now imagine a gun on a charging station next to your bed all the time at the ready. But it only works with pre-set finger prints. I think having one always at the ready would be cool. I see one like that being made within the next 2-3 years. If not sooner. Hell! The charging station can double as an alarm clock. Of course, now if this model is made, I'll get a cut, right?:innocent0 What do you think Chad? Can we do it?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I don't know how I really feel about smart guns at this point. Do I want one with current technology? Hell no! But as technology advances, maybe to a point where there is no discernible difference, it would probably be a good thing. Competition to build a better smart gun will make this happen fast. Just think, the iPhone just came out 7 years ago, and now look at the market. The finger print reader on the smart phones are pretty accurate and instant. Fast forward just 2 years, and the technology will probably be perfected. I understand the apprehension and various arguments I myself battle with. Cost? Forced law? Hacking on current models? Reliability? Etc.... But, I also think about statistics. How many people are killed with their own gun? Most people really don't know how they would react when faced with a scenario where you shoot or don't shoot. You hesitate at the wrong time, and now the bad guy takes your gun out of your hand and then takes your life. How many guns are stolen, and then used in the commission of a crime. How many inquisitive kids pick up their Dads loaded firearm and the worst case scenario unfolds. Now imagine a gun on a charging station next to your bed all the time at the ready. But it only works with pre-set finger prints. I think having one always at the ready would be cool. I see one like that being made within the next 2-3 years. If not sooner. Hell! The charging station can double as an alarm clock. Of course, now if this model is made, I'll get a cut, right?:innocent0

I am a responsible gun owner and I also am responsible with guns in my home with children.I do not need someone dictating nor mandating technology to prevent your so called accidental exakples.

There are evil people in this world that will always do evil things no matter what. No technology will prevent that.

Should I also link to you stories of children saving their parents/sibilings with dads gun?

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Andy, man up and don't let this bother you... You know you were doing this for the best reasons. Sometimes we make mistakes.... Your human. Shit happens... We live and we learn.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I am a responsible gun owner and I also am responsible with guns in my home with children.I do not need someone dictating nor mandating technology to prevent your so called accidental exakples.

There are evil people in this world that will always do evil things no matter what. No technology will prevent that.

Should I also link to you stories of children saving their parents/sibilings with dads gun?
    I am with you. The possibility of our lousy politicians mandating these guns really worries me. I don't want to be told what to buy either. But, as I said, as technology advances to the point of no discernible difference, the benefits might be worth it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've never been in Engage (not in that area much, to be honest), this wouldn't keep me from going there.

Andy, you do what you feel is best for your shop and employee's. For every person that'd shun you, there's plenty more that'd embrace you as a brother in arms.

*You frighten Frosh, that alone should count for something. :)

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Like a lot of other people, I worry about this sort of gimcrack being mandated by law. It's a particular problem for those of us who compete in the precision disciplines. An Olympic Free Pistol has as much need for such a gadget as a snake has for hips...but ignorance never stopped a legislature from making bad law. As we've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom