• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Count me in. Now I just need to decide if I am going to build from an 80% lower or order a Nodak Spud receiver to speed up the build time.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I guess standard MDS rules. 50+ posts and decent standing by the party. I have enough tools that with a few experienced builders(I ain't one) we can spread out and get quite a few people and builds done with time for food and beer (beer after,instead of test firing etc) It sounds like we might have a few presses and drill presses which will be great so we can keep them set up for different functions. I guess I have to get off my ass and clean out and finish wiring my barn. Of course this is the only way I get anything done around here anyway.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I guess standard MDS rules. 50+ posts and decent standing by the party. I have enough tools that with a few experienced builders(I ain't one) we can spread out and get quite a few people and builds done with time for food and beer (beer after,instead of test firing etc) It sounds like we might have a few presses and drill presses which will be great so we can keep them set up for different functions. I guess I have to get off my ass and clean out and finish wiring my barn. Of course this is the only way I get anything done around here anyway.

I no AK build experience either, but I'm pretty handy with mechanical stuff. I can bring tools if one of the experienced guys tells me what would be useful to bring.

rogue780

Jan 16, 2011
    Dundalk
    Can someone check my kit selection? What I've been able to come up with is this:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod42441.aspx

Is that all I need for the build? I'm not married to a yugo underfolder, so if you might have any suggestions and links, I would appreciate it before I place an order.

Also, I can contribute some money for supplies (gas and whatnot) and a few cases of beer.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Arighty, 12-ton HF press, barrel press tools, rivet jig, rivet locator jig, trigger guard rivet jig, and drill press will be in my trunk. Figure a second press can only help expedite, or be set up for riveting while the other is for bending, etc.

Just a reminder to please bring your own bits for the drill press. Just a craftsman benchtop, not a floorstanding model.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    got a few nice original barreled kits I put in cold storage until I got out of this state but might have to dig one out to meet everyone.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Arighty, 12-ton HF press, barrel press tools, rivet jig, rivet locator jig, trigger guard rivet jig, and drill press will be in my trunk. Figure a second press can only help expedite, or be set up for riveting while the other is for bending, etc.

Just a reminder to please bring your own bits for the drill press. Just a craftsman benchtop, not a floorstanding model.

I have the big honking drill press and 20 ton HF press and 6hp compressor so we can set things up and run a production line.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I have the big honking drill press and 20 ton HF press and 6hp compressor so we can set things up and run a production line.

Good deal.

Anyone have a spare selector stop they don't need perchance? I'm not entirely keen on buying one from k-var due to the $6 for the part, $18 for shipping crap they pull. :P

haven't found anything on the ak forum or arfcom classifieds yet....still looking though.

Woot. found some on apex. and some other stuff. heh.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    If I'm in town, I'd love to participate. I have a bunch of the jigs. I also have a bench top drill press I could bring. Will have to check on my 922r inventory.

rogue780

Jan 16, 2011
    Dundalk
    I'll be sure to ask the guy at Home Depot for those :lol2:

From what I've been able to find out, these are the bits you should need to complete an AK:

5/32" .1563" Screw Machine Drill Bit
    5mm Screw Machine Drill Bit
    7mm Screw Machine Drill Bit

They are available at ak-builder.com

You might also need a Gas Port Drill Bit, also available at ak-builder.com

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    Whoas! Anyone have a parts list? What is required to do this build? I would love to add an AK to my arsenal and would definitely be willing to contribute a donation for whatever time/knowledge/assistance is given to assist me with that !

I see the list from a previous post in this thread - but where to buy?

-AK parts kit
    -Receiver or an 80% receiver flat
    -Barrel (if your kit doesn't have one)
    -Enough US made parts to comply with 922r (there's a list, you need 5 or 6)
    -Rivet set
    -Center support
    -Barrel Pin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom