• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My application to transport came today. Mailed August 15th. Good Aug. 22, 2014 thru Aug 21, 2015.
    The envelope addressed to me was handwritten and not "sloppy" but like some poor person had to label quite a few.

AK-47

Feb 2, 2008
    My application to transport came today. Mailed August 15th. Good Aug. 22, 2014 thru Aug 21, 2015.
    The envelope addressed to me was handwritten and not "sloppy" but like some poor person had to label quite a few.

Just received mine today. Approved on Sept 9
    I see whoever addressed mine had clear handwriting too. LOL

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You might want to specify if you are talking about the BATFE turn around time, or MSP LEO sign off turn around time.

It gets confusing at times. :)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    You might want to specify if you are talking about the BATFE turn around time, or MSP LEO sign off turn around time.

It gets confusing at times. :)
    That's confusing, no offense but doesn't the application to transport fall under this ATF thread? I am not trying to correct pinecone!:)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Ah, even more confusing. :)

So need to specify whether BATFE approval, MSP LEO signoff, or Transport form (5320.20).

After a few back and forths, it is easy to lose what is being discussed.

ZK308

Jun 17, 2014
    Carney, MD
    So I bought a MG from a buddy of mine, had a local gun shop handle the process. The gun shop had me make the $200. check out to them. I filled out the paper Form 4 with a trust way back in early December 2013. My account shows my check cashed by the shop. Still no word from ATF 9 months later. What's going on? I've never had one take this long before. Is it worth a call to ATF, anything they could even do?

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Just submitted my paperwork to the MD State Police for my suppressor. Not using a trust.

Interestingly enough the trooper that I submitted my paperwork to said she was waiting on her paperwork as well.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So I bought a MG from a buddy of mine, had a local gun shop handle the process. The gun shop had me make the $200. check out to them. I filled out the paper Form 4 with a trust way back in early December 2013. My account shows my check cashed by the shop. Still no word from ATF 9 months later. What's going on? I've never had one take this long before. Is it worth a call to ATF, anything they could even do?

Did you get a copy of your form 4? You can call BATF and give them your information including the serial number of the MG and they should be able to tell you that it's pending. If they show no record, that gun shop has some explaining to do.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    When you call the ATF, you'll need the serial number of the item, Trust Name, and SOT's name (Freestate Gun Range is actually Combat Shooter Inc. on the SOT).

Whole process takes about a minute, and they'll tell you if it's in the system, sent back due to error, approved, or finished and mailed out.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Sent form 1 on 6/30, checked cashed 7/10 stamp arrived 10/10. this is the fastest I have ever got one back! Lets see how fast my 3 form 4's take. All were sent in within two weeks of each other.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    2 Form 1's for SBR's with a trust. One 22lr and one pre 10/1/13 stripped lower 5.56.
    Mailed - 7/10/14
    Check cashed - 7/15/14
    Error letter received - 09/17/14 had my name as applicant instead of trust name (IDIOT!!)
    Fixed and returned - 09/23/14
    Approved - 9/29/14
    Received - 10/11/14

I also received a phone call from my examiner on 9/25/14 stating he was going to have to deny my application for the S&W 15-22 do to overall length being under 29". I must say he was very pleasant to talk to and even said he feels bad for us Marylander's. I refered him to the MSP advisory and the language in SB281 that I sent with my application and all was resolved. Our conversation ended with him saying "thank you for your help I think I have everything I need so if you don't hear back from me everything is good". I was very pleased with our conversation and his willingness to hear me out and work with me!

Now if I could get the two form 4's I sent out the same day I would be very pleased :party29:

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    2 Form 1's for SBR's with a trust. One 22lr and one pre 10/1/13 stripped lower 5.56.
    Mailed - 7/10/14
    Check cashed - 7/15/14
    Error letter received - 09/17/14 had my name as applicant instead of trust name (IDIOT!!)
    Fixed and returned - 09/23/14
    Approved - 9/29/14
    Received - 10/11/14

I also received a phone call from my examiner on 9/25/14 stating he was going to have to deny my application for the S&W 15-22 do to overall length being under 29". I must say he was very pleasant to talk to and even said he feels bad for us Marylander's. I refered him to the MSP advisory and the language in SB281 that I sent with my application and all was resolved. Our conversation ended with him saying "thank you for your help I think I have everything I need so if you don't hear back from me everything is good". I was very pleased with our conversation and his willingness to hear me out and work with me!

Now if I could get the two form 4's I sent out the same day I would be very pleased :party29:

So it seemed like he is going to approve the S&W M&P 15-22, or not?

I hate how we have to keep reminding the ATF examiners that the new laws don't effect 22LR rifles at ALL!

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn

I hate how we have to keep reminding the ATF examiners that the new laws don't effect 22LR rifles at ALL!

I spoke to the new guy over at ATF a few weeks ago. He told me that all 22AR's would be rejected as they are not on the handgun roster. I told him that the roster had no bearing on Form 1's and reminded him that 22's are exempt from SB-281. He said they will be denied without proof/documentation.:mad54: I guess Ill just build it as a pistol.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD

He called stating he had to deny the application but by the end of the call he seemed like he was going to approve it. Two weeks later my stamp showed up.

I spoke to the new guy over at ATF a few weeks ago. He told me that all 22AR's would be rejected as they are not on the handgun roster. I told him that the roster had no bearing on Form 1's and reminded him that 22's are exempt from SB-281. He said they will be denied without proof/documentation.:mad54: I guess Ill just build it as a pistol.

Mine was approved and it is 26.5"oal. I did send a copy of MSP advisory and language in sb281 showing rimfire was exempt.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    He called stating he had to deny the application but by the end of the call he seemed like he was going to approve it. Two weeks later my stamp showed up.

Mine was approved and it is 26.5"oal. I did send a copy of MSP advisory and language in sb281 showing rimfire was exempt.

What was the examiners name? We need to isolate him so the rest of us don't have to keep sending stacks of documentation showing how 22LR SBR's <29 inches are legal. We can simply state in the comments to reference him for further information.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    What was the examiners name? We need to isolate him so the rest of us don't have to keep sending stacks of documentation showing how 22LR SBR's <29 inches are legal. We can simply state in the comments to reference him for further information.

I think his first name was Chris. I never caught his full name. He said that he was our new head examiner. I cant read the name on the approved form.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My eForm 1 has gone past 6 weeks now. Unexpected, but I see that there's a bit of an upwards bounce on NFATracker. Any day now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom