• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evanslb19

Feb 5, 2009
    I have a tip on removing a Yugo bolt pin:
    1) Use hammer and punch to drive pin out as far as possible, in my case this was about a 1/8"
    2) Place bolt in vice using a big socket from socket wrench set to hold retainer side of bolt (U shaped side) with the retainer in the middle open area of socket.
    3)Then using your third hand place a correct sized star screwdriver bit into the recessed pin hold and turn your vice handle to tighten until the pin falls free.

Yugo pins are hard to get out sometimes. This trick worked after I pounded and soaked the bolt for days with no success. Also smooth the bolt pin before reinstalling so you don’t have as much trouble if you need to remove it in the future.

Have fun

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Bolt pin not so tough. Slamming the trigger assembly back in with that damn spring and holding clasp is a true PITA

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Bolt pin not so tough. Slamming the trigger assembly back in with that damn spring and holding clasp is a true PITA

Really? I've never had a problem with it after the first time or three. Never taken apart my bolt, though. Perhaps I'll have to give it a try some day.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    I took my trigger assembly out for the second time (its been a few 1000 rounds I figured it was due and it was just as difficult to put on. But the first time helped me find some tricks to getting it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom