• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Yes, I am aware of the ethanol causing problems. I know it caused a lot in personal watercraft. This ATV is a 2006, so you would think that the lines would be ethanol safe. That said, I only use 93 octane in hopes to alleviate this problem. Also, there is no fuel shutoff on this ATV as it has a mechanical fuel pump. Thanks for the suggestions. I put some Seafoam in the tank so we'll see how that goes. It does sit most of the time so you are probably right.

Couldn't you install an inline shutoff valve before the carb? Then turn the valve to shut and run the gas out of the bowl until the motor shuts off? Sounds like a cheap and easy fix.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hell, if worse came to worse, a hemostat gingerly applied to the fuel line could do the same thing. My Honda is an '06 and the lines were not ethanol stable and turned to mush two winters ago, dumping gas all over my garage floor but, at least it came with a shut-off valve.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I've never seen this one before. I've been after an 8 point on this property for about 4 years, but this is the first time I've caught this guy on camera. This is the biggest deer I have ever seen on this property. This was off of my father in law's camera in an area that we'd obviously mistakenly believed to be only visited by two small does. Turns out, the majority of the pictures in this location are bucks, though most are 2-6 pointers.

Attachments

• Monster Buck.jpg
      Monster Buck.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 235
    Last edited:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Couple of good ones....got about 8 pictures of this very curious doe, and just one of what looked like it could have been an epic battle.

This is in the heart of Gaithersburg.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      26.2 KB · Views: 143
    • 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      185.1 KB · Views: 139

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    We raise meat rabbits and recently processed 7 of them for the freezer. I decided to throw the entrails out in front of the camera to see if we had any fox/coyotes around. This guy kept coming back along with some crows.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
      IMG_0025.jpg
      101.4 KB · Views: 130

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That BTW, is how most predatory animals get their vegies. By eating the stomach contents of herbivores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom