• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I would urge you guys to get some ACTUAL training for CCW. Carrying a gun in public is a serious responsibility. This online only stuff doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I would urge you guys to get some ACTUAL training for CCW. Carrying a gun in public is a serious responsibility. This online only stuff doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

The non online stuff is equally useless. It's a means to an end. Real training is up to the carrier. Most people out here don't even have a permit. It's pretty much only for skipping the NICS check on firearm purchases.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I would venture to say that out of all the justified self defense shots made since forever, the majority of them were probably made by people with zero training.

I can't remember if I have even read that a justified citizen has ever shot a bystander. I am sure someone will post 1,2,3 articles from throughout the years where this has happened to make the point that this is a grave public danger.

Are there statistics anywhere that show a percentage of those who may carry, do not? I would have to believe a ND because of "lack of training factor" is lessened quite considerably by those who won't even carry in public.

Wright45

Mar 23, 2013
    I would venture to say that out of all the justified self defense shots made since forever, the majority of them were probably made by people with zero training.

I can't remember if I have even read that a justified citizen has ever shot a bystander. I am sure someone will post 1,2,3 articles from throughout the years where this has happened to make the point that this is a grave public danger.

Are there statistics anywhere that show a percentage of those who may carry, do not? I would have to believe a ND because of "lack of training factor" is lessened quite considerably by those who won't even carry in public.

Excellent statement and questions Sir, straight out of the
    John Wayne handbook. giddy up!
    I too am interested in the statistics / percentages of real life SHTF certified ready carry and civilian OMG wtf do I do, I have no professional training ?
    It's been over 24 hours since you questions and no response ? :rolleyes:

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    You may be able to find something done by the NRA, maybe. I would see if the NRA or whoever has a training program for CCW. Its something I have never looked into. I would then find the gun and holster that you are comfortable with and shoot until you are good with it. Like hitting everything you your shooting at all the time and then keep up with it. Then and only then would I carry.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Like hitting everything you your shooting at all the time and then keep up with it. Then and only then would I carry.

Only picking on you because you mentioned shootING at. Not just 1 shot.

The majority of self defense shootings are over with 1 shot, at close range, 3-7 yards. There are no multiple shots that require 25yard accuracy or moving while shooting to end these fights. The basics of good marksmanship are nil.

Would I love everyone who carries to be trained VERY well? Of course. But someone pulling pepper spray out of their purse uses the same principles as a gun carrier would using point shooting.
    I would prefer someone to have the balls enough to know when to use something and actually use it compared to wether they can make a good shot with "it" out to however many yards and while moving.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    You may be able to find something done by the NRA, maybe. I would see if the NRA or whoever has a training program for CCW. Its something I have never looked into. I would then find the gun and holster that you are comfortable with and shoot until you are good with it. Like hitting everything you your shooting at all the time and then keep up with it. Then and only then would I carry.

Recommended Courses (in order):
    1. NRA Basic Pistol
    2. NRA Basics of Personal Protection Inside the Home
    3.NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside the Home
    4. NRA Advanced Self Defense Pistol
    5. Additional and ongoing advanced training by one or more of the MDS IP's or Massad Ayoob, Gunsight, Frontsight, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom