• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Unfortunately, Andy's video has reached those who will manipulate it:

dmw379.jpg

This is my fear...the ancillary damage it causes by being taken out of context (something the anti's are notorious in doing)

I fear this will continue to blow out of proportion .

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Ted & Andy are good guys, That video will be around for ever.
    Hopefully it will not be the new ' Two girls and a cup '

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Let me make it clear that my comments in this thread are of mine and mine alone. They do not represent my former employer or any of his employees views. I wanted to make it crystal clear before any butt hurt f*** face gets his panties in a twist and calls the shop to complain about my comments on MDS. I wanted to put that out there.

Hang in there Andy.

For those criticizing Andy for the content of his video should probably go look in the mirror. I guess all of the people who would take issue with him smoking or drinking have never went to a party or bar after work. Those complaining about his politician comments have probably never said anything about our founding fathers, patriotism, taking our 2a rights back, or refreshing tree of liberty. At least Andy has the balls to do these things openly with full disclosure and not beingthe anonymity of the internet.

And he made the video public so anyone and everyone can watch. He will be viewed by those outside of this community in a very unflattering light. It will be used against us.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I don't know of any decent person here that wouldn't at least think about what Andy said in the video if under the same circumstance, he just had the brass ones to come out and say it like a man. The cowards threatening the man are probably the same that sat in their mommas basement instead of coming out to do anything about gun control bills, and are probably happy to lick boots to avoid standing up to a government out of control. Yea the message was coarse, it wasn't pussified and diplomatic, but it is the truth, and the truth can be refreshing.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    And he made the video public so anyone and everyone can watch. He will be viewed by those outside of this community in a very unflattering light. It will be used against us.

I agree. Engage will also be viewed by those inside the community in a unflattering light. It was a very poor decision in my opinion to go on that drunken rant representing Engage because it (the drunken rant) will be used against us. I will not do business with Engage unless they completely undo the PR damage (Good luck with that). Engage dug themselves into the mess further IMO. They need to dig themselves out...preferrably without drunken rant videos that get "plastered" (pun intended) on the news sites.

Since SB 281 there will be a lot of gun shops going out of business IMO...Engage might be one of the 1st to go.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Lawsuit waiting to happen.

The first time one fails to fire for the authorized person, and they are injured or killed by their attacker, the manufacturer will be sued.

The first time one fires when an unauthorized pulls the trigger, and someone is injured or killed, the manufacturer will be sued.

Werd.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...3-937f-d3026234b51c_story.html?wpisrc=nl_buzz

I have to say I have been on the fence about this technology. But I think Andy is correct that we should not be advocating the suppression of technology. I also think his targeted buyer, the novice with kids in the house, makes sense.

So I'll keep going to Engage. :)

I would agree. It's capitalism...letting the market decide. i wouldn't want the gubment telling him that he has to sell smart guns. For the same reason I wouldn't want anyone telling him he can't.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    I haven't ever done business with Engage, but I won't let this stop me if I ever decide to.

The fact people are even trying to down sell him after he owned up to his mistake is upsetting to me.

We truly are our own worst enemy sometimes.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Washington Post original article headline did Engage no favors. It implied that they were for gun control. Kind of a stupid way to frame it given the presumed bias of the newspaper to favor increased gun control as it assured an immediate firestorm (and it is often the editor that will finalize the headline to draw interest/views).

Although there are mixed emotions on the role of gun stores marketing so-called smart guns, I think Andy is to be commended for attempting to, in many ways, introduce new people to using and owning firearms. As is clear, especially after his video, it's not like he is compensated for this effort to educate and reach out to a larger segment of the population.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Smart guns should be choice, just like guns without external safeties. It should really be up to the gunowner to decide what they feel "comfortable" with. My first pistol in the house was a Taurus Beretta with frame safety, decoaker, and internal locking system. The last pistol I bought was an M&P9 without an external safety.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Ears perked up when I heard reliability...

I cannot find any test report conclusions of the iP1 performing qualification (including specific reliability grading testing), but I did find a study by NIJ (funded by Holder of course) talking about "smart gun technology" in general.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/242500.pdf

Some interesting things of note:
    The firearm underwent testing at the USTL where it had to go through at least 620 firings. Only 20 of which had to be consecutively failure free.

Compare that with the Army TOP, where the firearm must go through 6000 firings and be graded on a Mean Round Between Failure (hate that metric).
    (google: Test Operations Procedure (TOP) 3-2-045)

If anyone can find qual data on this thing, it would make for an interesting read....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom