• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Hey All,

Does anyone own a Serbu Super Shorty? Any thoughts?

Saw it years ago, and haven't seen them around much lately.

Attachments

• Serbu_SS_lead-pmg.jpg
      Serbu_SS_lead-pmg.jpg
      26.8 KB · Views: 367

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So my partner has one and I've shot skeet, targets, slugs, and buck through it.

It's worthless

They are cool but without a stock they are awkward to shoot and with a stock it makes the vertical grip awkward to rack. It's short rack and awkward angle give it a hang up.

To each his own though l. I mean if you want a conversation piece this will do it!!! They aren't fun to shoot though. My opinion is worthless but for the same price if not cheaper I'd SBS a coach gun with hammers

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Mark Serbu is still alive and well, and building firearms. No reason not to have one if you want it. Sure, it's a real handful to shoot. You only live once. Okay, ask him to make you one in 20 ga if you want.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    So my partner has one and I've shot skeet, targets, slugs, and buck through it.

It's worthless

They are cool but without a stock they are awkward to shoot and with a stock it makes the vertical grip awkward to rack. It's short rack and awkward angle give it a hang up.

To each his own though l. I mean if you want a conversation piece this will do it!!! They aren't fun to shoot though. My opinion is worthless but for the same price if not cheaper I'd SBS a coach gun with hammers

Thanks for your opinion! In the beginning, I thought you were going to say you shot a round of skeet with it haha.

I always thought it would be a neat home defense item. But for the price I see them at now, it doesn't make much sense.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Mark Serbu is still alive and well, and building firearms. No reason not to have one if you want it. Sure, it's a real handful to shoot. You only live once. Okay, ask him to make you one in 20 ga if you want.

Thanks for the info!

I will have to check it out.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks for your opinion! In the beginning, I thought you were going to say you shot a round of skeet with it haha.

I always thought it would be a neat home defense item. But for the price I see them at now, it doesn't make much sense.

I've also shot tons of skeet with it :) it doesn't like ejecting federal bulk pack 8 shot!! I find you hit more clays with a hand thrower and a yuengling :)

It's a TERRIBLE home defense gun IMHO.

I say all this but the little guy does turn heads so again it's all what you want!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    10312545_1675374836079600_7274916588159719491_n.jpg

I did my own (with a tax stamp of course) one of my favorite guns to shoot. A few suggestions.

1. The ATI scorpion grip greatly improves the palm slap normally felt with a hard plastic mossberg grip. Recoil feels more manageable.
    2. I highly recommend a sidesaddle due to the low capacity. The standard tac-star sidesaddle needs bigger screws installed because the recoil is rather stiff.
    3. This thing creates huge fire balls, even with birdshot.
    4. Spread is what you would expect, with a realistic range of about ten meters tops. At 25 meters, spread is bigger than 5 feet.
    5. ATF ruling states these can be mounted under rifles, haven't tried making a masterkey yet, but I am considering making one.
    6. 5.00 stamp to transfer 200 to make (might as well SBS it then)
    7. compact awesomeness.

Last edited:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    10312545_1675374836079600_7274916588159719491_n.jpg

I did my own (with a tax stamp of course) one of my favorite guns to shoot. A few suggestions.

1. The ATI scorpion grip greatly improves the palm slap normally felt with a hard plastic mossberg grip. Recoil feels more manageable.
    2. I highly recommend a sidesaddle due to the low capacity. The standard tac-star sidesaddle needs bigger screws installed because the recoil is rather stiff.
    3. This thing creates huge fire balls, even with birdshot.
    4. Spread is what you would expect, with a realistic range of about ten meters tops. At 25 meters, spread is bigger than 5 feet.
    5. ATF ruling states these can be mounted under rifles, haven't tried making a masterkey yet, but I am considering making one.
    6. 5.00 stamp.
    7. compact awesomeness.

It's a $200 stamp to manufacture an AOW. $5 to transfer.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Shout out to Scott's Gun Smithing and the Urban Broom. Check it out! Maybe someone smarter than me can post the link or a picture, but they are awesome!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom