thurmont training and conservation center IDPA last match for the year.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    December 19, it's a saturday from 0900 to 1400 hours. wear/carry permitee's, please consider taking this or just come out for observation. great time, entertaining if you are watching and a great stress reliever if participating.

*disclaimer: i am not getting paid to put these notices up here. once you shoot a match, even if it isn't the best shooting you do at that time, you'll still have fun, and learn way more than any stinking book can teach you. plus, you may understand my enthusiasm in promoting these here events.

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    Do you need to join IDPA , then sign up?

You can sign up and shoot this match without being an IDPA member. Shooters are encouraged to join IDPA before shooting additional matches after their first one. However, most club-level matches don't require IDPA membership ($40/year). Getting classified in IDPA or shooting in matches beyond club-level requires an IDPA membership.

Club-level match fees usually range from $15 to $25 for the match. Thurmont's IDPA match fee is currently $15.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    if you've never shot at TCSC, you'll also need to take their introductory safety class. It takes less than 30 minutes, if I remember correctly.

Doesn't cost anything, but you'll need to be there a bit earlier.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    BTW, wouldn't today have been as perfect a December day for outdoor shooting or what?

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    December 19, it's a saturday from 0900 to 1400 hours. wear/carry permitee's, please consider taking this or just come out for observation. great time, entertaining if you are watching and a great stress reliever if participating.

*disclaimer: i am not getting paid to put these notices up here. once you shoot a match, even if it isn't the best shooting you do at that time, you'll still have fun, and learn way more than any stinking book can teach you. plus, you may understand my enthusiasm in promoting these here events.

Woodstock, Chasbo00, Ultraplanet, Cypherpunk, and quite a few others who are IDPA regulars know that confidence is critical if you intend to depend on your firearm for yours and your family's safety. Confidence doesn't come from your HQL class. Shooting regularly from a static firing line at pieces of paper only helps you become familiar with your firearm. Although IDPA is NOT tactical or self-defense training, if you want the confidence that comes from regular use in dynamic, practical, shoot-on-the-move scenarios, then IDPA is what you need. Thing is, IDPA doesn't require you to be a tacticol warrior-wanna-be. It only asks you to be safe, know how to operate your firearm, and have some basic cary equipment.

Along the way, like Woodstock says above, you're almost certainly going to have fun, and be excited for the next time!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    it looks as though the squads are filling up. i don't know if it is from our forums from here or not. it would be nice to put a face to a handle/avatar (creepy freaking clown) on these, here threads. i am pretty gregarious (social) and even if you are there to observe, walk around to the various squads and talk to people. i will be the guy with the navy blue ball cap with ARMED CITIZEN LEGAL DEFENSE NETWORK on the front. introduce yourself if i don't first. stove man, he'll be reading a book (avatar).

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I signed up today! I'm really looking forward to it. I took the intro seminar in October, but couldn't make the match last month. It'll be my first match, so take it easy on me!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Great, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. And hopefully not embarrassing myself!

felt the same way on my first match. funny thing is, kinda like nudists, no one cares what YOU look like as everyone else is worried about how THEY look to everyone else (well, for some). me, i don't care. i have fun, some days are better than others, and with IDPA skill set, i ain't just standing in front of a piece of paper that doesn't move. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom