• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    The local NPR station, WYPR just reported gun grabbers Daniel Webster, frosh et. al. are having a seminar today 1200-1330 at Hopkins on enforcing the false security act 2013. From what they said on the radio, it sounds like frosh is a little butt hurt over the Hogan win and is concerned his "baby" will not be enforced. :D

Here are the links.

http://wypr.org/post/marylands-gun-laws

http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/johns-hopkins-center-for-injury-research-and-policy/education/seminars/

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Naming it that was from a thread on us not calling it SB281 anymore to avoid confusion. I forgot which person on this forum came up with it but it is perfect and I am using it from now on. I can't stand to use its given name. These little details are effective in instilling a particular attitude towards things. Totally something out of the PSYOP playbook.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I f**king puked in my mouth listening to the two panels. So disappointed NPR did not try to assemble a balanced panel on the two issues discussed.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    It's times like this I wish I was smarter & more eloquent. That's what we need, one or more of us in the audience that can speak well & ask fact based questions that would back him against the wall.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I f**king puked in my mouth listening to the two panels. So disappointed NPR did not try to assemble a balanced panel on the two issues discussed.

Disappointed? NPR has never been balanced.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    So disappointed NPR did not try to assemble a balanced panel on the two issues discussed.

FWIW, NPR did not put the panel together. Webster did - he's organized a series of them, and the WYPR piece was about the first one.

Disappointed? NPR has never been balanced.....

WYPR (our local NPR station) was the first (and perhaps only, actually) news outlet to do a piece on the fact that the MSP were potentially exposing the information of every regulated firearm owner in Maryland back when they were using shit security practices and temps to try and clear the backlog a year or two ago. I reported it to them and they ran it.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    . That's what we need, one or more of us in the audience that can speak well & ask fact based questions that would back him against the wall.

Agreed. I see this event as a back rubbing session for those on the bloomburg payroll. They had it on their home turf, in the middle of the work week with probably a short notice press release. This is not at all like the real open to the public events like a book festival or whathaveyou. They are smarting from the elections. They did get some media coverage that enabled them to preach their message for a few moments on radio.

I think the national NPR is less biased than other news sources that are slanted in either way. The local station IMHO is more biased than the national broadcast. They give Rodricks serious mid-day air time to spew his propaganda and they definitely have a bigger lean in their reporting than the national reporting. Around the country it seems to be the same for local NPR affiliates' home grown reporting. Some local NPRs appear to lean conservative.

So do we issue press releases for events like the 2A conference at UB? (Wanted to attend) If we do and the same media does not cover it similarly, we can start calling them out for using selective reporting for an agenda.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    My comment on the NPR article:
    I'm sure Brian Frosh will avail himself of the armed security provided by the Maryland State Police during his tenure as Attorney General, while he does everything he can to deny ordinary citizens the right to protect themselves.

Nothing Brian Frosh or Dr Webster propose will do anything to reduce crime. The forty five so called "assault rifles" that are already banned are rarely used to commit crimes, more people are killed by bare hands and feet than ALL rifles and shotguns combined. The so called "assault rifles" are used so rarely by criminals the FBI crime statistics don't even have a category for them.

The HQL scheme is just a barrier to handgun ownership by citizens, and does nothing to address the drug and gang related carnage on the streets of Baltimore City and Prince Georges County where 75% of Maryland homicides were committed in 2012.

Nothing they have done, or propose to do addresses real gun crime in Baltimore City. Possession of a firearm in a crime, which carries a minimum five year sentence, is routinely dismissed in exchange for a guilty plea on another charge. I don't blame the prosecutors, they have to do something to keep the revolving door of "justice" moving in the City.

If you want to address the root of crime stop treating ordinary citizens like criminals, add resources to the States Attorney's office, add more District and Circuit Court judges to Baltimore City and Prince Georges County, and start putting violent offenders in jail.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    My comment on the NPR article:
    I'm sure Brian Frosh will avail himself of the armed security provided by the Maryland State Police during his tenure as Attorney General, while he does everything he can to deny ordinary citizens the right to protect themselves.

Nothing Brian Frosh or Dr Webster propose will do anything to reduce crime. The forty five so called "assault rifles" that are already banned are rarely used to commit crimes, more people are killed by bare hands and feet than ALL rifles and shotguns combined. The so called "assault rifles" are used so rarely by criminals the FBI crime statistics don't even have a category for them.

The HQL scheme is just a barrier to handgun ownership by citizens, and does nothing to address the drug and gang related carnage on the streets of Baltimore City and Prince Georges County where 75% of Maryland homicides were committed in 2012.

Nothing they have done, or propose to do addresses real gun crime in Baltimore City. Possession of a firearm in a crime, which carries a minimum five year sentence, is routinely dismissed in exchange for a guilty plea on another charge. I don't blame the prosecutors, they have to do something to keep the revolving door of "justice" moving in the City.

If you want to address the root of crime stop treating ordinary citizens like criminals, add resources to the States Attorney's office, add more District and Circuit Court judges to Baltimore City and Prince Georges County, and start putting violent offenders in jail.

Good show my friend, good show!

However, I feel it will fall on deaf ears.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Got to revisit the radio spot when they put the audio up and got a golden nugget from it.

Kast asked frosh "If we can't effectively stop straw purchases, do the background checks in the 2015[sic] law even mean anything because we're not actually checking the person holding the gun?"
    frosh's answer: "If your determined to get around this law and to transfer a gun illegally to someone who is not qualified to own one... if you plan long enough in advance and if you jump through all the hoops you can probably get away with it."

A concession to the ineffectiveness of the 2013 law on straw purchases. Also since he characterizes the process of getting handgun as "jump through all those hoops" he acknowledges there is a significant burden.

I'm aware its just noise but its good to file these things away for later.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Baron von Frosh is allowed to say these things, because he is protected by Curran & Co. (which has more protection from on high, as I hear it).

Well... That, and the sheeple of Marylandistan are foo stucking tupid to call him on it.

His equivocation is proof (to me) they they know they are on the wrong side of this--both popularly and legally--and are taking what they can get, until they cant take any more.

Keep up the pressure, folks.. all up and down the line. You have no idea how proud I am that we've come this far.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Got to revisit the radio spot when they put the audio up and got a golden nugget from it.

Kast asked frosh "If we can't effectively stop straw purchases, do the background checks in the 2015[sic] law even mean anything because we're not actually checking the person holding the gun?"
    frosh's answer: "If your determined to get around this law and to transfer a gun illegally to someone who is not qualified to own one... if you plan long enough in advance and if you jump through all the hoops you can probably get away with it."

A concession to the ineffectiveness of the 2013 law on straw purchases. Also since he characterizes the process of getting handgun as "jump through all those hoops" he acknowledges there is a significant burden.

I'm aware its just noise but its good to file these things away for later.

Sure it does not hurt...glad you had the time.

But since he loves attention ...best to deny him any.. take notes but don't waste time engaging him. At best it encourages him,at worst it let's him prepare better answers next time.

He is very weak when off script.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It is forums like this, on their turf, surrounded by "friends", ignored by media, that got Gruber in trouble. They let their guard down and start to say things that incriminate themselves. I am sure a careful review of everything said by this panel would turn up things that might come back to haunt them in the future. Confronting the stacked deck at these things does very little to change anyone's mind. It is much better to try to draw them out and give them enough rope so they hang themselves. They have not yet learned the lesson that almost everything said in public is now recorded somewhere and your words can come back to bite you sometime in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom