• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Email him about 2 weeks after you submit it and he will pull it to the side and approve you next time you make a regulated
    Purchase that's what he did with mine.

That conduct by the MSP was supposed to stop with the AGC negotiations. Bringing the MSP actions within the COMAR.

No purchase is required for a designated collectors status.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    It's not negative, it's the truth. Big difference!

It wasn't until the AGC threatened to sue them, that the MSP looked at their own published regulations, and agreed to follow the rules.

How else are defiencies identified and corrected? The law is supposed to work for everyone, right?

This true. We need to hold them accountable for what they do. Facts are facts and the Law is the law. The police just can't make-up laws when it's convenient for them. The fact is they have to follow the law like everyone else.

lostsole

Feb 28, 2011
    North West Balto Co
    I received my C&R today after waiting just over 4 weeks. I did purchase 2 firearms that required a quick check in the last year but I haven't received the Maryland Collector yet. I hand delivered the C&R and Maryland Collector to the Pikesville Barracks and mailed the fed copy from the post office.

Last edited:

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Anyone get their application "not disapproved" lately? I sent mine in the first week of December and haven't heard anyhing. I also emailed Cpl Cusimano on Monday and haven't heard anything. What a frustrating process!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I sent mine 12/21 along with my C&R. Got the federal license last week, nothing yet on the "collectors" status. Disappointing that is takes over a month for them to do......nothing.....

dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    Is it a pain to get your federal ffl03? I am a designated collector in md, but what would be the benefits of being a federal ffl03?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Is it a pain to get your federal ffl03? I am a designated collector in md, but what would be the benefits of being a federal ffl03?

No it's not, use the search feature and there will be a c&r thread created by coin boy I believe it's called c&r FAQ. It literally answers any questions you may have.

Benefits, guns shipped to your house.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I sent mine 12/21 along with my C&R. Got the federal license last week, nothing yet on the "collectors" status. Disappointing that is takes over a month for them to do......nothing.....

You are probably already approved. Sometimes it takes a month or two or three for the letter to catch up. But, you don't need that letter to start purchasing. Just your approval status. You can call or email MSP confirm your status.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    No it's not, use the search feature and there will be a c&r thread created by coin boy I believe it's called c&r FAQ. It literally answers any questions you may have.

Benefits, guns shipped to your house.

Benefits, guns at wholesale. C&R pistols with no waiting period, no MSP paperwork, no sales taxes. Waiting for the big brown truck is fun, too.

Drawbacks: no money left.

The really great bit, for me, is that most of the stuff I really want is easily old enough to qualify as C&R: Colt Woodsman, M1903 and M1908; S&W pre-27, pre-36 and pre-37; WWII PPK; Savage 1907; Astra 300; it's like a candy store.

But best of all, it makes me feel almost like a freeborn citizen, which is highly unusual for a Marylandistan resident.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    You are probably already approved. Sometimes it takes a month or two or three for the letter to catch up. But, you don't need that letter to start purchasing. Just your approval status. You can call or email MSP confirm your status.

Weeeeellllllll......

Maybe /Maybe not....

I was with another forum member at the Bel Air barracks a few weeks ago. I was close (day or two) on my 30 days since buying a hanging. (Clear as mud).

Anyway I had sent off the notarized app about three weeks prior (and already received my FFL03). I politely asked the trooper on duty if he had a way of checking on my "collector" status, so as to avoid inadvertently being denied based on it being 29.5 days since my last purchase.

Trooper replied that he "didn't know what they did over at the dept of licensing, but they were the real cops" (meaning the MSP )

I had BOUGHT /PAID FOR the previous "regulated" firearm on 12/4, but didn't actually GET it till 12/21. So, wasn't sure when they counted days. Needless to say, he wasn't helpful with my question. This wasn't the first time a trooper was rude and condescending to someone trying to jump through the queer hoops that are MD gun law...

Last edited:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    You want to talk to Cpl. Mike Cussimano. He is the officer who handles these approvals. If you can't get him on the phone, I've got his email on my work computer. Just shoot me a pm and I'll send it to you on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom