• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Remains to be seen, but we have no choice but to proceed to our fullest abilities. The alternative is to do nothing, which is unacceptable....at least to me.

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”
    -Sven Goran Eriksson

My dad just sent this to me today... thought it applied:thumbsup:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Who's running against Vallario in the democratic primary? If this doesn't go to vote, he'll be getting a check from me.

Careful what you wish for. If Papa Joe goes, that means that the heir apparent to his seat is Sandy Rosenberg and that would be a decided change for the worse.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Or even better, have them research for themselves the actual number of 'murders' in the "Wild West". It was surprisingly low. Amazing how when everybody knows what guns can do (many/most were vets of the Civil War), just about everybody has at least one, that they don't get used unless really needed. There may have been the occasional showdown, but those were actually pretty rare - which is why they were talked about and the stories got circulated about who was faster than so-and-so.
    I know stats are hard to come by in that era, but...do we actually have a rough figure per capita that we could start throwing out at these people?

In these hearings, have those figures been thrown out? Per capita rates?

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    With all this talk of “The Wild West”, I thought it might be informative to look at the reality of crime in the “wild west” cattle towns and compare them to the peaceful streets of such eastern, gun-control paradises as DC, New York, Baltimore and Newark.

In his book, Frontier Violence: Another Look, author W. Eugene Hollon, provides us with these astonishing facts:

* In Abilene, Ellsworth, Wichita, Dodge City, and Caldwell, for the years from 1870 to 1885, there were only 45 total homicides. This equates to a rate of approximately 1 murder per 100,000 residents per year.
    * In Abilene, supposedly one of the wildest of the cow towns, not a single person was killed in 1869 or 1870.

http://www.examiner.com/x-3253-Minn...009m2d17-Dispelling-the-myth-of-The-Wild-West

I wish I would have had these numbers on Tuesday - maybe next time.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    So how do "WE" relay this lack of proof of the Wild West to those who are ingrained in the "guns are bad" mind set?

Links are great, we need to send these 'facts' and our 'message' to those who are entrenched in the anti-gun mindset.

harvestmoon

Jan 20, 2010
    Eastern Shore
    Called Delegate Vallario today (1-410-841-3488), after not having received correspondence from an e-mail I sent a week ago. Vallario's aide did not know if the bill was going to proceed to a vote yet, but she didn't say no (looking for the upside).

Anyway, keep calling, he may be sitting on the fence. Or he may be waiting for gun owners to quiet down, so he doesn't receive bad publicity/word of mouth.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Where is the NRA? Why do they not try to help in Maryland. What am I missing?:envy:

I know i have recieve emails alerting to this bill, and i just recieved one today about HB207. So i guess they are putting the word out. Some money to toss to lawyers or speakers would be nice.

Called Delegate Vallario today (1-410-841-3488), after not having received correspondence from an e-mail I sent a week ago. Vallario's aide did not know if the bill was going to proceed to a vote yet, but she didn't say no (looking for the upside).

Anyway, keep calling, he may be sitting on the fence. Or he may be waiting for gun owners to quiet down, so he doesn't receive bad publicity/word of mouth.

:thumbsup: Keep the pressure.

As for me, i have a rather thick accent, i think i might do more harm than good. I have even been told i look middle eastern :sad20:.

I am not even from that continent, heck i shave almost everyday :envy:.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Does anyone have a seating chart for the two judicial committees? From time to time my ears perk up when one of the delegates says something, only to be frustrated not knowing who's doing the talking.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    From Fans of HB52 on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/An...e-Concealed-Carry-Permits/316015973344?ref=nf

Fans of HB 52: Maryland Recognition of Out of State Concealed Carry Permits

Our first voting session could be this Friday. Everyone needs to contact the members of the committee and the Chairman to tell them we consider this a Liberty Vote and we want this bill passed! I need your help to get it out of the Chairman's back room.

Everybody take a few moments to email Delegate Vallario and ask him to schedule a vote on HB52.

joseph.vallario@house.state.md.us

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Busy day!

Sent:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 14:03
    To: 'joseph.vallario@house.state.md.us'
    Subject: House Bill 52

Good afternoon Delegate Vallario,

I would like to ask you for your support as Committee Chairman to bring HB-52 to a vote in Committee. Maryland has for too long been behind the curve in comparison to other states in support of civil liberties, and as such I consider this a 'Liberty Vote' issue.

We shouldn't restrict responsible firearm owners from contiguous states any more than we should restrict their driving into MD.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    There are some real dumb asses posting in that thread.

It might be more helpful to educate the individuals whose comments you have issue with. We need to not divide our side of the fence. Please help us by being a postive poster yourself. The 2nd ammendment issues are rahter strong and sometime people are not bale to articulate their responses in a positive manner. I am not trying to start an argument but asking for your help with this by steering the coversation in a postive manner.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    From Fans of HB52 on Facebook, this morning. Delegate Smigiel speaking of course:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/An...e-Concealed-Carry-Permits/316015973344?ref=nf

Fans of HB 52: Maryland Recognition of Out of State Concealed Carry Permits We did not vote on HB-52 yesterday. So contact Chairman Vallerio and demand a vote. I was thrown out of the backroom last year (twice) so I was not in the back room yesterday. I met with the Chairman and will be back (untill I do something he does not like again). I will work to get the bill out for a vote from ther...e. Till then, please let the Chairman and members hear from you, your friends and neighbors.

Don't let HB52 slip through the cracks folks! Our friend Delegate Smigiel needs our help it appears...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom