• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I saw a new M&P at a local dealer's the other day that he was getting ready to send back because it had been shipped with a bad slide. It was kind of easy to tell because the gun had shipped with "bad slide" and something about the extractor written on it. :cool:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You mean they shipped him a used pistol as new? I don't get it.

No I mean the slide was apparently rejected during assembly and marked as such and somehow ended up shipped on a new pistol anyway. The dealer showed it to me and he was of course preparing to immediately ship it back, seemed to have some kind of problem with the extractor.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    That's about the norm for the Bodyguard 380 based on what I've seen for awhile. The LCP generally sells for a good chunk less and has no such issues that I've seen.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    No I mean the slide was apparently rejected during assembly and marked as such and somehow ended up shipped on a new pistol anyway. The dealer showed it to me and he was of course preparing to immediately ship it back, seemed to have some kind of problem with the extractor.

Ugh... that is bad!

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Ruger engineers once took a 9mm P85 MkII or P89 pistol (don't recall which) and internally threaded the barrel and screwed in a plug. They cut out part of the slide. Yes, this was a destruction test. They mounted the pistol in a rest and remotely fired NINE cartridges while standing behind a proper barrier. There was no evidence of failure. They removed the plug and nine bullets from the barrel, reassembled the pistol and fired a full magazine through it without ill effect and it still maintained accuracy and reliability. And that was a Ruger investment cast barrel.

I don't care for MIM or cast barrels but they work if the processes and QC are adhered to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom