Originally Posted by SCARCQB View Post
Debris at the berm equates to:
Shotgun hulls
1"pieces of broken clay pigeons
bottle caps
68 cal paintballs(@105 yards)
Al's favorite.. clothespins

with 22 Lr rifle.. hits at targets were around 70%
Thats pretty good shooting you must not have been using bulk ammo. I want to go put a few downrange with you folks sometime. I need to scope my .22 I think though lol.
Huckleberry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #1242
SCARCQB
Get Opp my rawn, Plick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry43 View Post
Thats pretty good shooting you must not have been using bulk ammo. I want to go put a few downrange with you folks sometime. I need to scope my .22 I think though lol.
36 grain Remington Bulk ammo from Dick's, Al was using CCI bulk. Heavier rounds ( 40 grains ) shot really low

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #1243
hvymax
Banned

Quote:
Debris at the berm equates to:
Shotgun hulls
1"pieces of broken clay pigeons
bottle caps
68 cal paintballs(@105 yards)
Al's favorite.. clothespins

with 22 Lr rifle.. hits at targets were around 70%
I was there with my pimptacular 10-22 a month or so ago and Perrin mentironeud a rock 4oclock from my target on the berm. I rolled it up the hill with 4-5 in a row. We both thought about Al.
hvymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #1244
BradMacc82
Evil Genuis?

On average 70% sounds right, you guys were doing better than me once the targets got smaller than those 50 round .22 boxes - I could make excuses as to why, but the fact is, just got out-shot today.

I'll get some redemption on the 9mm challenge, that Hi-Power is a lil' tack-driver as long as the bag of meat yanking the trigger does their part.
BradMacc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #1245
SCARCQB
Get Opp my rawn, Plick!

im trying to locate some AR5000 steel plates to use as targets. Got to set up something like an 8" plate at 100 yards for the pistol sniping event...LOL

found someonline but shipping is expensive. We need 1/2 " ar5000 steel plate so that it can stand up to rifles up to 338 when mounted as a gong target. Instant feedback should be fun

Al is using a Jericho 9 ( CZ 75 copy)
Brad= BHP
Scar= Glock 34
Lx1x= Most likely a SIG

after that... It s the AR reloading drill ( 6 mags , 1 round in each mag) shooting at 100 yard steel plate. We shoot for time and hits.

Old April 15th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #1246
BradMacc82
Evil Genuis?

Alright!!

Finally getting lx1x off his sofa/lazyboy and out to the range!!!

I'll have to practice my reloads for the AR, haven't spent too much time on that skill-set if I'm honest...

You can get the magnum rifle gong's that handle up to 30-06 online, forget the pricing though.

Instant feedback is definitely a must-have, hearing the 'ping' is just too much fun.
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1247
BradMacc82
Evil Genuis?

Pricing on Interceptor SCAR is insane, asking $800+ for just Level III+, ow.
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #1248
SCARCQB
Get Opp my rawn, Plick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMacc82 View Post
Pricing on Interceptor SCAR is insane, asking $800+ for just Level III+, ow.
with Al closeby and shooting at steel plates... thats really something to consider. wait til gets some hacksaw blades

Old April 15th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #1249
BradMacc82
Evil Genuis?

Quote:
with Al closeby and shooting at steel plates... thats really something to consider. wait til gets some hacksaw blades
Very, very true - although at 100+ yards, I feel somewhat comfortable with the odds of being hit by a peeled jacket or something like that (for handguns anyways)..., now if he asks for that print out, I'll be worried..., and quite curious to see if it is really that easy..., hypothetically of course.
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #1250
lx1x
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMacc82 View Post
Alright!!

Finally getting lx1x off his sofa/lazyboy and out to the range!!!

I'll have to practice my reloads for the AR, haven't spent too much time on that skill-set if I'm honest...

You can get the magnum rifle gong's that handle up to 30-06 online, forget the pricing though.

Instant feedback is definitely a must-have, hearing the 'ping' is just too much fun.
yesterday.. i wasnt in the sofa!! was in bed snozing.. LOL (after i did some yard work).

IDPA (SO Certified), USPSA (RO Certified) & RUGER Rimfire (for fun and practice, not really a competitor).
(All firearms are nicely stacked and stored at the bottom of Chesapeake Bay )

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
lx1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #1251
SCARCQB
Get Opp my rawn, Plick!

lx1x,
crazyal is after your cicada shooting record... he said, since you only did it once. He considers that a lucky shot. ( Its okay man, I'm egging you so that you show up at the range)

crazyal ( aka lord of the range) says " he misses you " ( thats an upgrade from " I cant quit...you!). Its really a subtle challenge to bring out your 10/22 and give Al a good spanking..LOL

BTW, I'm raising funds to send Al to an NRA RSO class... Henry( the Arbiter) needs a bit of help down there. That should go well with the special edition" golden" rape whistle that we are getting Al for his birthday. Imagine Henry and Al with rape whistles.... We are getting whistled at in full surround sound. Sweeet!

So.. Neil, you in for that long range pistol shoot?

Old April 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #1252
Mdeng

MSI Executive Member

Quote:
lx1x,
crazyal is after your cicada shooting record... he said, since you only did it once. He considers that a lucky shot. ( Its okay man, I'm egging you so that you show up at the range)

crazyal ( aka lord of the range) says " he misses you " ( thats an upgrade from " I cant quit...you!). Its really a subtle challenge to bring out your 10/22 and give Al a good spanking..LOL

BTW, I'm raising funds to send Al to an NRA RSO class... Henry( the Arbiter) needs a bit of help down there. That should go well with the special edition" golden" rape whistle that we are getting Al for his birthday. Imagine Henry and Al with rape whistles.... We are getting whistled at in full surround sound. Sweeet!

I'm a Cheif Range Safety Officer, I would be happy to teach the RSO class for anyone that wants it. The only catch is each student pay for the student pack and volunteer at MG. They need all the help they can get to keep the range safe.

All Inclusive Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Course Schedule

May 18, 2014 LaQuinta Inn, Glen Burnie, MD
Register Here

May 25, 2014 Ali Gahn Shriners Club, Cumberland, MD
Register Here

June 8, 2014 Engage Armament, Rockville, MD Register Here

Find Us on Facebook!
Mdeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #1253
lx1x
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
lx1x,

w/ my recent (lack of) rifle shoot.. i dont doubt he can out shoot me.. the guy lives there!!!

im in for the pistol shoot.. i just need to double charge my ammo so it will reach 100yds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdeng View Post
I'm a Cheif Range Safety Officer, I would be happy to teach the RSO class for anyone that wants it. The only catch is each student pay for the student pack and volunteer at MG. They need all the help they can get to keep the range safe.
are you sure you want to deal with Al?? you need to have 2-3 day class for him. (he WILL ask too many questions).

IDPA (SO Certified), USPSA (RO Certified) & RUGER Rimfire (for fun and practice, not really a competitor).

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1254
wilcam47

Send a message via MSN to wilcam47 Send a message via Yahoo to wilcam47
Quote:
when? also any other NRA classes?
wilcam47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #1255
SCARCQB
Get Opp my rawn, Plick!

Quote:
Pencil me in for that..

Group buy on rape whistles... joking aside, we really need to keep MG safe. I got muzzle swept twice yesterday. Its not a food feeling. I told the shooters to be mindful of where the muzzle on his guns are pointed. also seen folks charging pistols while the muzzle is pointed sideways at the firing line.

We need RSO volunteers at the grove... because anarchy sucks when everyone is holding a loaded gun.

Old April 16th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #1256
SCARCQB
Get Opp my rawn, Plick!

The 40 grain ammo that brad was firing only dented the brass on empty shotgun hulls at 100 yards. That was freakin weird.... its good for onion skinned prey such as ultra liberal democrats.

Old April 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #1257
lx1x
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Pencil me in for that..

Group buy on rape whistles... joking aside, we really need to keep MG safe. I got muzzle swept twice yesterday. Its not a food feeling. I told the shooters to be mindful of where the muzzle on his guns are pointed. also seen folks charging pistols while the muzzle is pointed sideways at the firing line.

We need RSO volunteers at the grove... because anarchy sucks when everyone is holding a loaded gun.
being an RSO is not a bad idea.. (just renewed mine recently). they do need one there during the weekend. but then again, also depends on the powers to be if they like the idea of having a volunteer program there. we all know how they love volunteers!

Thomas Jefferson
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #1258
hvymax
Banned

Quote:
I'm in.
hvymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1259
BradMacc82
Evil Genuis?

You'll just have to be 'Unofficial Volunteer's' then.

And yes, the 40gr .22 at 100+ is not impressive with it's lack of penetrating power - although it punches paper and cans just fine.
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #1260
jmac

Quote:
I'd be in how much money would this cost?
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Southern Maryland

Tags
myrtle grove, range