Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Eastern Shore

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Mike128

So few good gun stores

Here is my experience the last year with local shops. I wanted to get a Sako rebarreled. First guy couldn't do it since he didnt' have a reamer. Next guy couldn't get the barrel off. Sat at Albrights for 8 months and they never even touched it but I kept getting the two week line, when I could even get someone to call me back. Finally got a smith to do it for me. And it took him less than a week.

Now I want to buy a hangun. I check with the local shops and none of them have any in stock that I want. I found a trade online. Crazy Louie won't do registered hanguns. Shooter's Supply won't send out their FFL. Big Brad won't do it for someone who hasn't been a customer. (Figure it out, if I come in for a transfer there is usually a few other things I'm going to get with a new gun. Now, I'm not even going into your store. Because I'm not going into your store, I have no idea what you have to sell) Finally Manchester steps up to the plate.

Still want a second hangun so guess who's going to get my business. Why do local shops have to make it so hard when this state already makes it difficult.
Mike128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #2
CPT Ethanolic
Gun Packing Liberal

Engage and Atlantic are my two favorites.
CPT Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #3
diesel-man

Deb at Estate Brokers 443-617-8400 Havre de Grace, MD. She will take care of it.

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. " --Thomas Jefferson

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible,,,
diesel-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #4
poorboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike128 View Post
Here is my experience the last year with local shops. I wanted to get a Sako rebarreled. First guy couldn't do it since he didnt' have a reamer. Next guy couldn't get the barrel off. Sat at Albrights for 8 months and they never even touched it but I kept getting the two week line, when I could even get someone to call me back. Finally got a smith to do it for me. And it took him less than a week.

Now I want to buy a hangun. I check with the local shops and none of them have any in stock that I want. I found a trade online. Crazy Louie won't do registered hanguns. Shooter's Supply won't send out their FFL. Big Brad won't do it for someone who hasn't been a customer. (Figure it out, if I come in for a transfer there is usually a few other things I'm going to get with a new gun. Now, I'm not even going into your store. Because I'm not going into your store, I have no idea what you have to sell) Finally Manchester steps up to the plate.

Still want a second hangun so guess who's going to get my business. Why do local shops have to make it so hard when this state already makes it difficult.
i see you mentioned big brad and albrights. (east side of the bay). chek out mike at mid county gun shop
poorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #5
skip-a-long
R.I.P.

[QUOTE=poorboy;1608288]i see you mentioned big brad and albrights. (east side of the bay). chek out mike at mid county gun shop

Mike is a good guy to deal with , will treat you right.

Old April 12th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #6
sykesville

Quote:

+1 I know what you mean

Old April 13th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #7
wizzer368
Zombie Slayer

I use Corsica coatings, he is an IP on here and easy to deal with
wizzer368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #8
Mike128

Thanks but most of the shops listed are a couple of hours or more from me.
Mike128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Schwabe

+1 on both Corsica Coatings and Midcounty, also easily the cheapest transfers anywhere in MD. Zip in/out done ...
Albritgh does good work but is incredibly slow. Had a gun glassed there, took over 5 weeks with constant calling, mind you not this was over Christmas ....

Just had a trigger job done on a Mini 14, sent it out and recieved it back in under a week. Not worth IMHO do drive around just to find aplace that does it ....

The arrogance of their superiority requires this reminder. They don't OWN us, they don't give us rights. WE grant them power. They don't make us safe, we pay to protect them. They don't make us free, WE'RE FREE ALREADY!!!

Change the Free State - become a DINO

For god's sake VOTER REGISTRATION here
Schwabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #10
Chris

If you are close to Conowingo, there's Rick's Gun & Pawn. I have found them to be very willing to received and transfer firearms from out of state sellers. They have always been easy to work with. Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #11
badbubba

+1 for Rick's Gun Shop. I did a transfer from Bud's Guns and they were great about it.
badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #12
dwnthehatch
10-32

+1 for Mid County in Preston. His prices are good and has a quick turnaround with gunsmithing services.

GLOCK Armorer
dwnthehatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:49 AM   #13
Kimerazor

Littleton's in Bishopville, MD will transfer the gun. David's a great guy.

IDPA Member
GRRN Supporter
NWTF Sponsor
DU Member
Kimerazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #14
John from MD

+1 for Dave Littleton. He also has an arrangement with Rob Danzi in Delaware so they can do transfers for folks in both states. I have known both for over 20 years and these guys are great people.

Regards,

John

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #15
rorkin

Quote:

Don't know where you are but Jack at J&S Gun Sales just outside St Michaels Can help you out.. Can order and will do transfers. Works out of his house.
Did both for me.
rorkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Eastern Shore