Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Gun Shows

Old March 26th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #41
Atec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou45 View Post
Shooters Discount will be there. I am currently working trying to get in the neat merchandise that we are noted for. Most of it should be arriving just before the show. I'm not going to indicate what it'll be until we have it in our hands; don't want to jinx it.
Just dont forget to Bring the SR1911 Rugers you promised ! I will be the first person at the table.
Atec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #42
wlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Amendment View Post
It's large and parking is a headache. I quit going.
Huh, never had a problem finding a spot and I go to this show a lot.
You may have to walk an extra 100 ft but unless you are a fat ass that should not be a problem

Old March 27th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #43
Lou45

Pissing off the libtards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlc View Post
Huh, never had a problem finding the wet spot.

Fixed it fer ya'.

You may have to walk an extra 100 ft but unless you are a fat ass that should not be a problem

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob....Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter(RIP).

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma_deuce.
Lou45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #44
dredge54mate

I'm tryin to go Sunday, since I'll be on my week off from work then, its either the show or the range, not sure yet
dredge54mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #45
Maverick0313
Don't ask won't tell

I'm up for Saturday......:-)

Maverick0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #46
Jack Ryan

if I see a Luger there, and have my C&R certificate with me can I by it cash and carry, or do I still have to deal with the 7 day wait, and all the normal regulated gun paperwork mess?

Old March 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #47
KMK1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
if I see a Luger there, and have my C&R certificate with me can I by it cash and carry, or do I still have to deal with the 7 day wait, and all the normal regulated gun paperwork mess?
IIRC, you need to follow all MD laws for a regulated firearm because the transaction and transfer is taking place in MD. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

You could use your C&R to purchase a Luger from another state through Gunbroker or just travelling around the country. EDIT: I think the buyer and seller cannot both be MD residents to use the C&R for regulated firearms. The seller must be a resident of another state to bypass MD's regulated firearms laws.

There is a thread with some good information related to this going on here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79353&page=2

IANAL

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

"People who are not themselves are nobody." - Gen. George S. Patton

Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

Member of:
The human race

Last edited by KMK1862; March 29th, 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added more information.
KMK1862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #48
dr_baer
Woodsman

Gotta go, there's always something to pick up. Gun shows are a good place to get blocks of ammo for cash.

dr_baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #49
captainstashu

C&R is only good by mail or out of state. If you buy in state it is the same as buying a eegular gun through a dealer.

However you can take a ride to Va or PA and swap c&R guns and certs with a MD resident as long as the transaction is out of state.
captainstashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #50
PapiBarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK1862 View Post
IIRC, you need to follow all MD laws for a regulated firearm because the transaction and transfer is taking place in MD. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

You could use your C&R to purchase a Luger from another state through Gunbroker or just travelling around the country. EDIT: I think the buyer and seller cannot both be MD residents to use the C&R for regulated firearms. The seller must be a resident of another state to bypass MD's regulated firearms laws.

There is a thread with some good information related to this going on here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79353&page=2

IANAL

You're right as far as I know. That's what the old guy in leather was arguing to the KNS Shooting Supplies guy or whatever his company was during the Perryville show.

This old dude was trying to buy a C&R pistol while in Maryland, in which he got very hot and bothered when he was told he cannot take delivery of that handgun the same day as he bought in Maryland, and would follow the normal 7 day procedure.

As far as I know that's only good for as you say, which is out of state transfers.
PapiBarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #51
Lou45

Pissing off the libtards

......and to add to the mess:

If an out-of-state (non Maryland resident) C&R Licensee purchases a regulated C&R firearm while in Maryland, it would need to be shipped to him, not taking possession in Md.

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob....Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter(RIP).

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma_deuce.
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #52
Name Taken

Can someone who gets there early post up if there are any good deal on Ammo cans. I'd be willing to waste the 8 bucks if able to get some cans at a decent price.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who wish us harm." ---George Orwell
Name Taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #53
RDF5186

Will do

Old March 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #54
jodavk

Someone please post up if there are decent spam can ammo deals; I may have a chance to go late Sat or early Sunday. TIA
jodavk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #55
Lou45

Pissing off the libtards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atec View Post
Just dont forget to Bring the SR1911 Rugers you promised ! I will be the first person at the table.
I won't have Ruger SR1911's, but will have a decent selection of Springer 1911's .45 5" from Mil-spec GI models up to TRP's.

Old March 31st, 2012, 06:50 AM   #56
Lou45

Pissing off the libtards

Rumor has it that Bob Ehrlich will be at the show today for something; IIRC, a book signing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name Taken View Post
Can someone who gets there early post up if there are any good deal on Ammo cans. I'd be willing to waste the 8 bucks if able to get some cans at a decent price.
Saw a pallet of .50 ammo cans, don't know price.

Old March 31st, 2012, 08:47 AM   #57
PresentArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name Taken View Post
This is where you get ammo cans

Maryland, May 10 – 12, 2012: 39th Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally & Flea Market at Aberdeen’s Ripken Stadium, For more information visit http://www.militaryvehicleshow.com/

MVPA #32564
WAC/B&G MVT
Patriot Guard Riders
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Collector of Curios & Relics
Maryland Designated Collector
Handgun Qualification License
Florida Concealed Firearm License
PresentArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:53 AM   #58
sykesville

Quote:
I won't have Ruger SR1911's, but will have a decent selection of Springer 1911's .45 5" from Mil-spec GI models up to TRP's.
Lou - are those "new" Springers?

Old March 31st, 2012, 11:45 AM   #59
chevellenut71

Quote:

Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club
C & R
MD Designated Collector
Utah CFP
USMC Veteran
(1984-1992)

2AGuysAndGear - Youtube Channel -[https://www.youtube.com/user/2AGuysAndGear
chevellenut71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:48 AM   #60
fivepointstar
Support IDF

anyone go to the show???

Field Report please!! i'd like to go on Sun AM if its worth it?

"In the future there will be no hunger, there will be no greed, and all the children will know how to read."

I'm a political prisoner in a Maryland Gulag

Disclaimer: Expressed above are my personal opinions. If you wish to complain, kindly take a number.
fivepointstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Gun Shows