Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Neighborhood > Washington D.C.

Old March 28th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #21
Ovechtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod Diesel View Post
what is entailed in fan appreciation day?
There are a lot of giveaways during the game. Everyone that goes this year will receive a Caps cooler. They also do a jersey giveaway after they game. Fans are randomly selected by seat # during the game, and when the game is over they go down on the ice and get player's jerseys right off their backs.
Ovechtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #22
AKbythebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkoolkeg View Post
Agreed. I always just take the metro in to Chinatown from Shady Grove so's I can get my drink on and still have time to sober-up with someone else at the controls. I forget the name of it but there's also an Irish pub within staggering distance of Verizon that's always a ball.
Are you talking about that "Fado" place across the street? I love that place but they are waaaaaaay expensive. Very cool looking place inside though and they have good beer on tap there you don't see at some of the other spots (Harp, Smithwicks, Bass, Guinness, etc)

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence...The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes; we need them every hour."

-- George Washington
AKbythebay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #23
Mr H
Land of Peasant Loathing

Quote:
I am sure there are some Caps fans on here...

My wife and I are going to the game on Saturday, 3/31/12. I have tried to get tickets for the last couple years. By some draw of luck I was able to get these back in Sept when they went on sale. We will be 4 row off the ice. I will have to look @ what section.

I have never been to the Verizon Center (I frequently work in DC), and wanted to know if I can get some info on what to expect getting in Verizon center and just general info about the whole experience. Anything I should avoid or try to experience?

Thanks guys

GO CAPS
We only go to "day" games, and take the Metro.

But, since it's a 7:00 game, make a day of it.

Go early, maybe (since the weather might be ooky) grab a pass through the Smithsonian museum(s) of your choice. Early dinner in Chinatown (or the Greene Turtle @ the "Phone Booth" if you want something simple), and have a blast at the game.

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
-Harry S Truman

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
-LP McDonald

Member: MSI BoD, NRA, GOA-Life
MD Designated Collector

We're all on the lists. Now speak up and get your money's worth.
Mr H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #24
Mr H
Land of Peasant Loathing

Quote:
what is entailed in fan appreciation day?
Seat Number giveaways, mostly.

Maybe a parachute drop of tshirts?

Maybe something new.

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
-Harry S Truman

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
-LP McDonald

Member: MSI BoD, NRA, GOA-Life
MD Designated Collector

We're all on the lists. Now speak up and get your money's worth.
Mr H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #25
INMY01TA

I've been to quite a few games, guess I'm what you call a fairweather fan tho. I don't watch on tv too often but go to a game whenever I can. Guys I worked with at my old job were friends with Corey Labre (Ivan Labre's son). I went to a couple games with both of them. They would wear fancy suits there and we sat right behind the glass.
INMY01TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #26
Hotrod Diesel
Here for the Beer...

I would make a day of it but I work in dc a lot, there is nothing in a museum that I haven't seen something cooler. When my daughter is older, if I am still in the area I will definitely take her to the museums. And I certainly don't like walking around downtown in the rain...

BTW there is a certain govt agency around dc that has saddam's golden guns on display in the lobby. Not open to the public, but they are like nothing you have seen. I also got to be part of a crew that turned the capital dome lights out (planned).
Back on topic, how great was it to see Tim Thomas act like a b#tch after that hendricks s/o goal... Made it worth it not winning in the 3rd...

Old March 30th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #27
llkoolkeg
Hairy Flaccid Member

Location: Holding the line South of Gettysburg in 2A-friendly Carroll County, USA.
Quote:
Back on topic, how great was it to see Tim Thomas act like a b#tch after that hendricks s/o goal... Made it worth it not winning in the 3rd...
The absolute BEST was seeing Timmy fall on his freakin' face after fleeing the ice in a hissy-fit, tripping on his way out the door off-ice while heading into the dressing rooms.

I believe it is Fado, BTW; I'm a sucker for Mick beers on tap.

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

-Thucydides in The History of the Peloponnesian War
llkoolkeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:10 AM   #28
Hotrod Diesel
Here for the Beer...

So, we were 6 rows off ice, game was awesome. Now if we can keep it together this week...

Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:19 AM   #29
CrabbyMcNab

I am part of the prestigious "partial plan" upper echelon. ie, we have seats three rows from the top for ten games.

Great experience and love watching them. I remember going when Hunter was palying for the Caps.

www.nleomf.com - National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund

www.wffoundation.org - Wildland Firefighter Foundation
CrabbyMcNab is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > Washington D.C.