Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Outdoor Sports

Old March 25th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #1

Fishing Near McDaniel?

Anyone know of any good public lakes or ponds near McDaniel College? I'm not looking for your honey-hole or secret spot, just a public area with good access from the shore (don't have a boat).
Thanks in advance.
0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #2
yellowsled
I <3 Mosin

Maybe he doesn't want to know, ^^^^ but I would love to know where your honey-hole or secret spot for fishing is near McDaniel.

FFL03, MDS, MSI, NRA, & SAF Member, FL CCW, UT CCW, MD D. Collector

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights.
The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”
—Federal Judge Benson Everett Legg
yellowsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #3

I guess it goes without saying, doesn't it!
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #4
BigCity
resident undertaker

The community pond where 140 merges into 97 north has fish and lots and lots of geese (if you have a bow with a silencer).

Mayberry gun club has a pond but I think you have to be a member.

God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever.

Thomas Jefferson

Obama, putting the P.O.S. in P.O.T.U.S since 2008
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #5

Thanks BigCity
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #6
Russ D

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ D
The pond at the Ag center right in the middle of Westminster has some pretty good bass fishing.

- Reagan
Russ D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #7
yellowsled
I <3 Mosin

I need to get my fishin pole, I didnt know these ponds had any fish in them

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights.
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #8
Bigdtc

Send a message via ICQ to Bigdtc
Prettyboy Reservoir or Liberty are heating up now. The bridge on Nicodemus Rd is a good spot and if that gets crowded there are plenty of shore spots at both reservoirs.
Russ is right about the Farm Museum/Ag Center Pond and they stock it with trout every year. The pond at Random House is not too bad either..

"you cannot conquer an idea with an army"-Thomas Paine

http:////mdpreparedness.com/forum/me...ter&referrer=2
Bigdtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #9
Huckleberry
Don't push me, Bureaucrat

LAKES AND PONDS

Bennett Cerf Pond (1 acre) - off MD Rt. 27 within Random House Industrial Park

Landon C. Burns/Farm Museum Pond (4.7 acres) - West of Rt. 32 near Center Street

North Carroll Community Pond (1.2 acres) - MD Rt. 30 at Manchester

Piney Run Reservoir (300 acres) - Martz Rd. off White Rock Rd. near Eldersburg

Westminster Community Pond (1.3 acres) - Rt. 140 at Rt. 97 near Westminster

Liberty Reservoir

Lake Hashawha (1 acre) - John Owings Rd. (Catch & Release/Artificial lures only)

This was from the Carroll County website.

Fishing in Maryland is another good resource to read. You can find it on most magazine racks.

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us!"

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

NRA Life Member and Instructor
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #10

Thanks for all the info!
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #11
Big_Leo

theres a pond at roberts mill park in taneytown that gets stocked with trout every year in march. also has bass, catfish, and black crappie. its a 150 yard walk from the food lion parking lot to the waters edge.

Old April 14th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #12
TOWcritter
Self Sufficent Sovereign

Here's my honey hole: Go to the end of Bollinger Mill road. There is a gate. Park on the left side. Go around the gate and follow the trail down to the right. a couple of hundred yards down on the left there are several trails to the water. Lots of fallen trees holding lots of big bass. Also, at the end of the trail, is where the old mill foundations are...at low water you can still see them. At high water the stripers can be huge out there. Some chicken livers wrapped in a piece of panty hose and tied on the end of the hook works well when used on a surf and tossed out in the deep water. Go to Reisters town bait and tackle. The guy has maps of the resevoir before it was damned. And great bait.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
- Dr. Seuss-
TOWcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #13
yellowsled
I <3 Mosin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOWcritter View Post
Here's my honey hole: Go to the end of Bollinger Mill road. There is a gate. Park on the left side. Go around the gate and follow the trail down to the right. a couple of hundred yards down on the left there are several trails to the water. Lots of fallen trees holding lots of big bass. Also, at the end of the trail, is where the old mill foundations are...at low water you can still see them. At high water the stripers can be huge out there. Some chicken livers wrapped in a piece of panty hose and tied on the end of the hook works well when used on a surf and tossed out in the deep water. Go to Reisters town bait and tackle. The guy has maps of the resevoir before it was damned. And great bait.

Old April 14th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #14
Lou45

Pissing off the libtards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOWcritter View Post
I thought Reisterstown Bait & Tackle (Doug) closed up shop a year or two back.

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob....Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter(RIP).

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma_deuce.
Lou45 is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Outdoor Sports