• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Have you looked into Wilson Combat, there are out of stock on a lot but I have very good things from their barrels and are a little more than the CMMG

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have everything all set minus the barrel ...

I figured more people would have some experience with CMMG vs Wilson Combat. Also not a real fan of the stainless steel look .

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    May want to get in touch with BenL, IIRC he had the CMMG Blackout upper, so he may be able to give you some insight as to how it actually shot - think it was a 16" upper. :thumbsup:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Mark at 2A has a S&W 300AAC upper for sale in his case; I think the price was $750.

I'm trying to resist picking up a 300AAC for now as is it just as expensive if not more than 308 (which I'm already up to my ears in). The cheapest ammo I've seen is at 2A and is $12.99 /box.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Mark at 2A has a S&W 300AAC upper for sale in his case; I think the price was $750.

I'm trying to resist picking up a 300AAC for now as is it just as expensive if not more than 308 (which I'm already up to my ears in). The cheapest ammo I've seen is at 2A and is $12.99 /box.

I have everything all set minus the barrel ...

Also I plan on reloading since I have a lot of .223 brass

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Check with Dan at Gun Connection. Someone in his last hog hunting party used a 16" .300BLK for a hog. I do not remember if it was a CMMG or S&W upper. They were using supersonic ammo.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    My oldest son shot his first boar with a S&W M&P15 chambered in 300 Blackout . He was successful, but shot placement and projectile choice is critical on the larger hogs. I am very satisfied with the S&W. I have sold several of the CMMG & AAC 300 blackout uppers and we have been getting good range reports. We have been getting good feed back on the Daniel Defense M4V5's and Ambush rifles, too.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    My oldest son shot his first boar with a S&W M&P15 chambered in 300 Blackout . He was successful, but shot placement and projectile choice is critical on the larger hogs. I am very satisfied with the S&W. I have sold several of the CMMG & AAC 300 blackout uppers and we have been getting good range reports. We have been getting good feed back on the Daniel Defense M4V5's and Ambush rifles, too.

^ good to hear....

Last time I went hog hunting I went on your recommendation to go to the Spartan Hunting Preserve

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I would think for hogs, .308 would be a better choice; or a traditional 30-30.

Although, I saw a show on Discover channel where GA Park Rangers were using .223 ARs from a truck to drop wild hogs at night.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Its all about shot placement , behind the ear in the neck my .223 AR took a nice sized hog right down.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I would think for hogs, .308 would be a better choice; or a traditional 30-30.

Although, I saw a show on Discover channel where GA Park Rangers were using .223 ARs from a truck to drop wild hogs at night.

Supersonic 125 gr .300BLK is almost in the same league as the 7.62x39 using a 123 gr hunting bullet. Muzzle velocity may be 100fps slower but the numbers I have seen don't list what length barrel either round was fired from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom