• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Is my Google fu weak, I can't find anything on the details for the proposed AWB. I own an AR and am wondering what will happen. Will I be ok or will even the possession of the AR be illegal?

Another thing, if one acquires a 30 round mag for a firearm in another state they can possess it in md as of today right? Or should said person melt it down and make a sad sad little statue to remember the good old days.

This is all getting pretty silly.
    TD

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    HB 107 has been introduced (limit mags to 10 rounds). My guess is that it will be a few bills that collectively make the AWB because some moderate Dems don't like the proposed licensing requirement and we all know MD would rather have some stricter gun laws (multiple bills) than one failed gun law (one AWB bill).

I really have no idea though and this is just a guess.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    HB 107 has been introduced (limit mags to 10 rounds). My guess is that it will be a few bills that collectively make the AWB because some moderate Dems don't like the proposed licensing requirement and we all know MD would rather have some stricter gun laws (multiple bills) than one failed gun law (one AWB bill).

I really have no idea though and this is just a guess.

I'd say this is a good guess. They'll break it down into smaller, specific bills for each thing and try and overwhelm us. I could see a bill banning pistol gripped rifles, a bill banning flash hiders, that type of crap.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Is my Google fu weak, I can't find anything on the details for the proposed AWB. I own an AR and am wondering what will happen. Will I be ok or will even the possession of the AR be illegal?

Another thing, if one acquires a 30 round mag for a firearm in another state they can possess it in md as of today right? Or should said person melt it down and make a sad sad little statue to remember the good old days.

TD

You can legally possess 30 round mags in MD.

Don't worry about possible proposed future restrictions ... instead contact your Delegate and Senator and ask them to oppose such.

If you do this, you won't have to worry about "what if"

We beat a gas tax increase and a bunch of other taxes by contacting our reps last year. Do the same thing with 2A issues and get the same results!

Mr H

Banana'd

TD

AFAIK, at this point it's all feel-out-the-opposition bluster.

I'm sure something is being put together, but the more vocal we are, the greater the chance they'll either:

Put something out as a token, or
    Put up a hail Mary, shooting for the stars.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    remember, the anti's will get to testify during the good hours. We will have to testify late at night or early in the morning. Tactics used before for other things. If they allow us in at 1:00 a.m. and no one is there, they'll say we had our chance. They will do this to every bill they introduce.

Mr H

Banana'd
    remember, the anti's will get to testify during the good hours. We will have to testify late at night or early in the morning. Tactics used before for other things. If they allow us in at 1:00 a.m. and no one is there, they'll say we had our chance. They will do this to every bill they introduce.

Not necessarily.

Last year, in the HJC, we had the floor the whole day. The only "anti" testimony while I was there was from MSP, which couldn't find their ass, FTMP.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Good to hear.
    As far as MSP, if the Colonel was the anti, has to agree with the Gov if he wants to keep his job.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    This year expect to see a summary of any Anti group who has testified over the past 5 years or so, plus a new upstart or two. Should take about an hour.

State Police
    Brady Group
    Hopkins Prof
    The four "Wisemen" Religious leaders
    A lady who lost her LEO father in a shooting 15 years ago

Norton can probably put names to the above.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Still no bill text, a full 3 days after omalley promised to release it.

I think they are floundering a bit. They made promises I don't think they can keep. The only reason to hold it this long is to negotiate something that would pass. Keep up the pressure folks. If it goes past Wednesday, they gotta go through the rules committee as well as judiciary.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Please correct me if I am wrong ---- the proposed State Law and the Federal AWB expected to be introduced in the coming day bans future transfers. So that basically means when I kick the bucket it will be illegal for my son to possess any of my firearms and thus they all have to be relinquished. So the government isn't taking away my guns now but will be taking them upon death. At that rate within the next 50 years there will be no modern firearms.

R.P.
    Westminster, MD

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    16 hours of training added to ccp. Registration of the weapons listed. Threaded barrels now make pistols "assault" pistols. And I'm gonna have to read all of the magazine restrictions again just to make sure they make any damned sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom