• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    While browsing, I noticed something strange... a seller on gunbroker appears to be selling his Glock 19 for $735 in four seperate auctions. I've never seen anyone do this.

The slide, barrel and spring: $430
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=280904810

The complete lower: $250
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=280951025

The box & manual: $18
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=281002488

The mags and loader: $37
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=281023003

The seller appears to have done this with a number of guns. More power to him if he can find buyers, but I think it's kind of ridiculous.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    He's optimistic, too!

What will suck for him is if he sells the lower half and gets stuck with an upper that now matches nothing.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I think with a Glock that's a little silly, but that's the only way I could sell my right-handed Blackout. As a complete rifle, I couldn't get $900 for it, but parted out, I got $760 just for the upper, *alone*.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I have parted out a few cars, its easy to make money on a car. There are not enough parts on a gun to make it worth while with reasonable prices...

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    He's being creative. I've always been amazed at prices I get for items on eBay. I just sold a Bushnell Holosight that I bought new for $250 and used for 2 years for $270 this week.

gsrcrxsi

Jan 15, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    notice how he has no bids, and i expect he wont get any on the main parts. someone might buy the mags, but i dont expect someone to buy half a gun at those prices.

someone mentioned getting stuck with the upper "which doesnt match anything". does this matter? if you sell (or buy) a gun, do all of the serials HAVE to match? and which part is the regulated part? the upper or the lower?

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    someone mentioned getting stuck with the upper "which doesnt match anything". does this matter? if you sell (or buy) a gun, do all of the serials HAVE to match? and which part is the regulated part? the upper or the lower?

It doesn't matter. But if you don't have a Glock frame, a Glock upper is only really effective as a paperweight.

The lower is the firearm.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    gsrcrxsi said:
    notice how he has no bids, and i expect he wont get any on the main parts. someone might buy the mags, but i dont expect someone to buy half a gun at those prices.

No, nothing has to match, but some European manufacturers like to serialize everything. I know H&K for example serializes barrel, slide, and frame and uses date codes, all in German tradition.

gsrcrxsi

Jan 15, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    It doesn't matter. But if you don't have a Glock frame, a Glock upper is only really effective as a paperweight.

The lower is the firearm.

cant you still sell the upper for someone to use on a lower? or use the upper on a different upper? i dont see why it becomes useless.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    cant you still sell the upper for someone to use on a lower? or use the upper on a different upper? i dont see why it becomes useless.

Yeah, but how often to people really need a new Glock slide and barrel? Sometimes, I'm sure, but it's not like selling an AR upper.

Also, if someone were to buy a new upper/lower for their Glock and decides to sell it later. I wouldn't buy a mismatched Glock unless it was REALLY cheap. Like, $100 or something. There's too many perfectly matching used Glocks out there.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I joined GSSF ($80 for 3 years) and bought a new gen4 19 for $399, and plan on getting a 17 next year and then something else the year after and then letting my membership lapse, GSSF is well worth the price of admission :innocent0

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I joined GSSF ($80 for 3 years) and bought a new gen4 19 for $399, and plan on getting a 17 next year and then something else the year after and then letting my membership lapse, GSSF is well worth the price of admission :innocent0

And this has what to do with the topic at hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom