ONLINE SURVEY - let's get some accurate numbers on application submissions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    Ok, I changed the settings so you can see the results after you complete the survey. Please let know if it doesn't work. For those who have taken it here are the latest numbers

Survey results 3/10/12 6:36 PM:

Question 1 (have you submitted app): 32yes 93no

Question 2 (planning to submit app): 87yes 5no 33n/a

Question 3 (will you submit regardless of stays/appeals): 92yes 10no 23n/a

Question 4 (would you appeal a rejection): 119yes 6no

Thanks!

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    done. The main thing I take away from this survey is that most 96% of the people say they are willing to fight any denial.

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    X-Factor said:
    What's the purpose of this poll? I voted.

To get an idea of what's going through everyone's head with regards the ccw app process and how many pissed offed marylanders will appeal and make the mdsp life a greater hell than it already is.

Who knows, maybe it could find its way into a court or state room in the future, hopefully.

Last edited:

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    To get an idea of what's going through everyone's head with ccw apps and how many pissed offed marylanders will appeal and make the mdsp life a greater hell than it already is.

Who knows, maybe it could its way into a court or state room in the future, hopefully.

I am hoping that the stalling of the MSP and AG will come back to bite them.

Regardless of what they *want* to happen in the *future* -- appeal, stay, w/e -- the point is that *at this moment* Legg's ruling is the law of the land in MD. As I see it (not sure if anyone in the Courts will) they are purposefully delaying and therefore denying my civil rights.

So, the question:

Can this come back at them in lawsuit form? Class action, civil rights, anything?

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    I am hoping that the stalling of the MSP and AG will come back to bite them.

Regardless of what they *want* to happen in the *future* -- appeal, stay, w/e -- the point is that *at this moment* Legg's ruling is the law of the land in MD. As I see it (not sure if anyone in the Courts will) they are purposefully delaying and therefore denying my civil rights.

So, the question:

Can this come back at them in lawsuit form? Class action, civil rights, anything?
    Absolutely correct. If you are convicted of murder, you don't walk free waiting for an appeal. They have no choice but to obey the ruling until otherwise.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    MSI has a survey on their site, kind of sad only 63 people have submitted...

I took their survey as well as yours. Hopefully most people are just not taking the surveys, but have submitted their app.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Interesting to see so many willing to appeal. Joining a MSI class action suit is one thing, filling and PAYING for your own appeal is a whole nother thing ... I think some people are checking off more than they can pay for ....

R357

Jun 23, 2009
    Upper Marlboro
    Interesting to see so many willing to appeal. Joining a MSI class action suit is one thing, filling and PAYING for your own appeal is a whole nother thing ... I think some people are checking off more than they can pay for ....

iirc the appeal is a panel appeal to the liscensing review board. Not the same as financing a case to the federal board of appeals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom