• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    For me the p99 AS any day of the week.
    Ergonomics and trigger are just light years ahead.
    Yeah the trigger system takes a little getting used to on the AS but when you do it is just nice. And the reset is glorious.
    You cant add whistles and saws and the thousands of other things the glock has available. But I don't think it needs all that.
    And when I look at it it's not sooooo ugly I want to punch myself.
    Its also nice having something not every other lane at the range is shooting.
    And it's also drop dead reliable just like the glock.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    ive fired them both extensively. personally i prefer the glock. nothing wrong with the P99 by any means. PERSONALLY i hate the trigger and shoot poorly with them. my friend is a phenom with the P99 but sucks at glock shooting. let her try both and then decide. either one is a great buy.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    mrbule said:
    For me the p99 AS any day of the week.
    Ergonomics and trigger are just light years ahead.
    Yeah the trigger system takes a little getting used to on the AS but when you do it is just nice. And the reset is glorious.
    You cant add whistles and saws and the thousands of other things the glock has available. But I don't think it needs all that.
    And when I look at it it's not sooooo ugly I want to punch myself.
    Its also nice having something not every other lane at the range is shooting.
    And it's also drop dead reliable just like the glock.

Glock is the Chevy Astro Van of handguns. Won't win any beauty contests, but will run and run and run, and will be more useful than most other vehicles you'd ever owned.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Glock G19!!!

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.
    This is the FIRST group fired from my G19 Gen3.
    15 shots. 15 yards. CCI Blazer (aluminum) 115 gr FMJ.
    Two hands. Modified Weaver Stance. SCSC indoor range.

FirstGroup-G19-CCIBlazer115FMJ.jpg

IF the G19 fits your hands, you will never let go of it!!!

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    PPQ, feels much better in my hand. I also have a p99QA, wish it was the AS, bought the QA from a bad sugestion from a gun shop. I have no problem with glocks, they are not comfortable in my hand, and I don't like the trigger. (not a fan of modifying triggers on a SD gun either) Try the PPQ, its very comfortable and trigger is awesome.

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    I have heard great things about the PPQ. Also, I've tried many times to like Glocks and they all feel like plastic bricks in my hand.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I had both- P99QA and Glock19. The Walther felt very nice, fit my hand(s) much better than G19 - which helped w/ controlling recoil better since the P99 was a 40cal. The 19 is just like the typical Glock, and it never felt right to me. But the Gen 4 w/ back strap felt better.

Parts and accessories will give Glock advantage, but if she doesn't feel comfortable w/ it, then the pistol won't be used much if at all. BTW, I sold all my Glock (9 mm and 40cal)- except G20/21SF- for Ruger SR9C which is cheaper but very comfortable, easy to shoot and accurate for what it is.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have three Glocks. G17,19,&26. Small, medium, and large. In my opinion the Glock 19 is the best "all around" handgun. Cheap but effective ammo can be had, big enough to be relatively comfortable, small enough to be concealed effectively, and dead nuts reliable. I have huge hands so my 17 actually fits better in my hand, but the 19 can do just about anything. I used it to do pretty well in the GSSF matches at freestate, which I would normally use my 17 for. The Walther p99 is not a bad gun, but I'll stick to my brick of a 19 for now.

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    I'm hearing of problems with extraction/ejection.
    The 'new' dual recoil spring assembly ("RSA") was giving some problems.
    I think those issues have been resolved.

My G19 Gen3 has been 100%+.

The issues have been resolved. There were some issues with the spring assembly and extractor, but ive been informed that the guns manufactured this year have the new mods. If you purchase an older or used gen4, just send it back to glock if it has issues. I have a new gen4 g19 and have put just shy of a thousand rounds through it without a single hiccup. Love it! You can't go wrong with a glock.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    If cost, aftermarket support, cost of mags, etc, were the same I'd probably opt for the P99. (Well, PPQ at this point.) But I have a G19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom