• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • santos

Jan 25, 2011
    Are there any smiths you all could recommend between DC and Frederick who could work on a Saiga 12?

Thanks!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Most people will say to do your own work but I have yet to see a home conversion that met good standards. I used to work on them but I dont do that anymore.

Im not sure of anyone offhand except maybe Engage Armament in Kensington.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I think Garrett at Engage Armament can do AK work. I've asked him in the past about Saiga conversions. He does good work.

jersey

Nov 16, 2008
    Chambersburg PA
    Tim Haffer did my brothers siaga 12. He's in Dowmsville. PM MBZ he works for him or PM gotguns on here. he is an industry partener.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Here's one based in Damascus (just south of the HighSchool on 27) I've got one piece (a semi-auto pistol) with him now so I don't yet have the results, but given my conversation with him, the strong recommendation of the folks at the GunShack in Mt. Airy and the condition of his workshop - I'm expecting good things.... (and i thought his price was reasonable as was his target turn around time)

John's Gunsmithing Shop Licensee Name: Tyvela, Einar John
    24636 Lunsford Court
    Damascus, MD 20872
    Phone: 301-253-0839

Served in the USA for 27+ years, salt of the earth. Worth a call to see if his background includes the type of work you are looking to have done.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just left a message for Rich Freed out of Damascus. I went to Cresap today and my Marlin 1894 Cowboy totally locked up...with a live round in the mag!

If i dont hear back from him i'll give engage a call

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Also, if you're not opposed to shipping out your gun, there are some folks on saiga-12.com who can convert your gun for a reasonable price. (I can personally vouch for Jack Travers.)

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    saiga -12 smith

Check out www.saiga-12.com, scroll down left side for Lone Star arms. Check out his website completely including testimonials. He conveted mine to a model call "The Signcutter" It has never had a fail to fire or a fail to eject, even with cheap target loads. You can get the job done cheaper but never better. Good luck with the S-12, you're gonna love it. Start saving money for shot shells.

Attachments

• saiga 12 , eric and theresa 20115.jpg
      saiga 12 , eric and theresa 20115.jpg
      132.6 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads