• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Title says it all. Going to be in the area in early July for a memorial service for my dad, would like to get off some rounds in his honor.

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    Title says it all. Going to be in the area in early July for a memorial service for my dad, would like to get off some rounds in his honor.
    There is only JD in Gtown. I have been there once, never again. The next nearest is in Dover ( I think?) about an hour away. There is Bridgeville rifle and Pistol club in Bridgeville, DE about 30 mins from Lewes but it is private; however if you contact them and ask for instruction (they have some very instructors there who charge a very modest fee) you will get good instruction (come on now, I don't care how good you think you are, everyone can use a little instruction) for a little more than you would pay at a range - they have several ranges upto a 1,000 yrds and several outdoor pistol pits. Shoot them an email and see what you can do.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Went to JD last week while I was at the beach.

Mr. Davis is a good old-timer, super nice. He has ammo in stock. No rapid fire (i.e. bump stocks, fast fingers).

My only suggestion is to bring some bug spray. You are out in a field with walled pits.

Staple gun or binder clips, a beach towel for the table, and a sharpie for marking are also good bag additions.

If you are allergic to cats take your Benadryl. They are not on the range, but are out front and in the office.

There are 3 or 4 rifle lanes (various distances) and a 25 yard pistol lane. We were the only ones there.

http://www.jddefense.com/index.htm is the website.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Well, my brother and I went to JD defense on Tuesday. Not the fanciest range I have ever shot at, but served our purposes just fine. It was hot and humid, bugs were not a big deal. Plenty of cats... but the folks were nice, and most important, I had a "blast" shooting with my brother, who lives in Canada, and we shot several of our dads guns in his honor. So, mission accomplished, and thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom