• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I recently had a discussion with the Customer Service Rep for S&W about a few issues I was having concerning another S&W product. After he so gracously straightened my problem out we were writing back and forth about various guns I owned. I explained to him how much I really enjoyed shooting my P22.

He wrote back and informed there was a pdf file containing a thing I'd never heard of called the P22 Bible. He suggested I find it and open the file up, because there was tons of information in it on just the P22. When I opened it up I was blown away with all of the photos and write-ups showing anyone how to disassemble and reassemble the P22. Someone on rimfire central with the Forum Name of 1917-1911M compiled this info and photos for all to use, and they did a fantastic job. All I can say is THANKS to 1917-1911M, and rimfire central for their help!

Recently I read a post from someone on this forum telling us how his brand new out of the box P22 was screwing up right out of the box. After seeing what is inside of this handgun spring wise, I believe I saw exactly what caused his problem (a small piece of spring steel left over from manufacturing). But I'm sure it could have been a number of other things too?

If you own one of these little Walther P22's, you really need to copy this to your favorites, or your files for future reference.
    Here is the link (I hope?) http://www.freespeech.com/1917-1911M_P22_bible.pdf

Last edited:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Wow. I just picked up a P22 last week.
    I looked at the first 10 pages or so... Lots of info! Saved to my hard drive!

Thanks!

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    Thanks guys, I just printed it out here at work. Good thing the boss is gone for the day, I had the printer tied up for a bit.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    You ain't kidding. I'd love to have this same info on the rest of my guns too!

However I did see a slight glitch in this information. I just finished up the trigger bar ear fix. And let me tell you there were two tiny springs (if that's what you call them? One for the slide catch, and the other super tiny one for the safety. The Bible shows you all about the slide catch spring, but not the damn safety spring, where it goes, or how it fits when you find the place it does go.

I had to go look at the breakdown sheet to figure out which way this spring was supposed to be placed. Plus there is a little milled out area where this spring fits into (that I didn't see in the bible or the breakdown) I had to figure this out on my own. (You will too if you do any of these projects that involve splitting the frame in half)

The trigger bar fix took me about two hours to complete. Next time if I had to go back into the nuts and bolts of the gun it could be done much faster because you would be familiar with taking the gun apart and putting it back together.

It's a great information sheet for sure, but there are a few things you may have to find out on your own if you were to tackle any of the fixes. But I wouldn't have even attempted this had I not had the bible to show me the majority of the parts. It is indeed a fine reference.

Great info, thanks. Wish I could get info like this on all my "guns"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom