• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    So my friend found a 1972 Remington 870 Wingmaster in the back of his attic from the previous owner. He wants to get rid of it but I have no clue if it being from 1972 and being pretty good condition makes it more valuable. Anybody have any clue?

Attachments

• erics 016.jpg
      erics 016.jpg
      85.3 KB · Views: 5,742
    • erics 017.jpg
      erics 017.jpg
      107.5 KB · Views: 4,125
    • erics 022.jpg
      erics 022.jpg
      107.6 KB · Views: 3,396
    • erics 021.jpg
      erics 021.jpg
      107.5 KB · Views: 3,302

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I'm not sure it adds any real value, but it's in great condition. I'd value it about the same as a modern 870 in like condition with wood furniture. If he's interested in selling or trading for an AR upper let me know.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    He is for sure interested in getting rid of it. I will ask him exactly what he is expecting to get, but I know he is willing to make it a good offer since he just found it in his attic.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    it is worth more than a new express (much nicer wood than current and better metal fit and finish as well) but wont have a choke tube barrel if that matters. A new barrel will fit. I would say retail is in the 350 to 400 range.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    it is worth more than a new express (much nicer wood than current and better metal fit and finish as well) but wont have a choke tube barrel if that matters. A new barrel will fit. I would say retail is in the 350 to 400 range.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that 100%.
    Is that cut checkering or pressed checkering?
    The wood looks nice but cut checkering is always worth more than pressed.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    That is what they called the deluxe fleur de lis stock, a BDL Vs ADL if you will and yes, it's much nicer looking than a Express. That would I think only chamber a 2 3/4 and it has a plain non vent barrel which hurts it. If I were in the market Id probably do 300 on it.

I bought one new at Memco on Allentown Rd in the late 70's, paid 165 for it because the receiver was slightly pitted. <:

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    The detractions from this gun is that it's "probably" 2 3/4" only and the bbl has no rib. In as much as I already have a couple of ribbed bbls, I would pay $300 cash for this if he really wants to sell it. Yes, pressed checkering is less desirable than cut checkering.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    300 won't do any of you any good, I have posted 310 already. As long as it looks just as good in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom