• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    "Just Comply" is the mindset that our legislators have when they come up with these ridiculous gun bills/admendments.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Its Md, You have the right to pay high taxes and high fees , and the right to be a victim.

Its easier and easier to hate this State everyday.

AMEN!
    This used to be a GREAT State when we had more than one Political party!

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    You know, it always seems that the pro-gun folks always win the war of the comments at the bottom of the page.

I think it's a great opportunity to recruit for MSI.

Edit: I wish that the MSP would "just comply" with Judge Legg's ruling.

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Gentlemen while I agree the defeatist attitude given off by the police here isn't one your willing to accept but I think your missing the point.

So I just reached into my wallet and I have 39 bucks (I never carry cash either). Is your life worth your 39 bucks, a pizza, and some delivery money that isn't even yours?

I know it's fun to play make believe, "oh I'd get the drop on that thug and kill him dead before he knew what hit him" but, and hate to be the bad news giver, chances are you wouldn't. In 99% of robberies the victim is unharmed (wanna know how I know? Ohhhhh maybe a year on a robbery suppression team). The criminals don't want to hurt you they want your stuff but if you spook a guy with a gun generally bad things happen........ask me how I know?

I will concede that if more people were armed maybe they would think twice before robbing someone but to tough talk and chest puff chances are your going to lose. It may be a hi-point filled with blazer but I for sure don't want to be on the working end.

Just asking you to think before acting.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I understand your point but your also assuming that encounter ends with just the robbery. Perhaps this guy has an itch that needs to be scratched and wants to see what it's like to kill somebody.

Nothing is for certain. Just practice and hope you're never are in the situation.

TheSwiftOne

Nov 24, 2008
    Gentlemen while I agree the defeatist attitude given off by the police here isn't one your willing to accept but I think your missing the point.

So I just reached into my wallet and I have 39 bucks (I never carry cash either). Is your life worth your 39 bucks, a pizza, and some delivery money that isn't even yours?

I know it's fun to play make believe, "oh I'd get the drop on that thug and kill him dead before he knew what hit him" but, and hate to be the bad news giver, chances are you wouldn't. In 99% of robberies the victim is unharmed (wanna know how I know? Ohhhhh maybe a year on a robbery suppression team). The criminals don't want to hurt you they want your stuff but if you spook a guy with a gun generally bad things happen........ask me how I know?

I will concede that if more people were armed maybe they would think twice before robbing someone but to tough talk and chest puff chances are your going to lose. It may be a hi-point filled with blazer but I for sure don't want to be on the working end.

Just asking you to think before acting.

You're correct in that a life is not worth $39, a pizza and some spare change. However for many it's more of principle. At what point do we stop being victims? If you continually "just comply" it may not only take a toll on your funds, it could take a toll on your self esteem as well. Being a victim ican be a very demoralizing experience.

-Swift

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You're correct in that a life is not worth $39, a pizza and some spare change. However for many it's more of principle. At what point do we stop being victims? If you continually "just comply" it may not only take a toll on your funds, it could take a toll on your self esteem as well. Being a victim ican be a very demoralizing experience.

-Swift

I'd rather be a victim, go home bang my g/f, tell my parents I love them, hug my niece, open a yuengling, smoke a cigarette, and play call of duty than not be able to do any of that ever again.

I think my family would as well (minus the cigarette).

I'm not telling you all what to do your adults but literally robberies were my job for a year. I understand the frustration of being taken advantage of and how bad it feels to be "helpless" but, as an ex gf once stated, pick and choose your battles.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I'd rather be a victim, go home bang my g/f, tell my parents I love them, hug my niece, open a yuengling, smoke a cigarette, and play call of duty than not be able to do any of that ever again.

I think my family would as well (minus the cigarette).

I'm not telling you all what to do your adults but literally robberies were my job for a year. I understand the frustration of being taken advantage of and how bad it feels to be "helpless" but, as an ex gf once stated, pick and choose your battles.

Trouble with that is, you're depending on the good graces of the ******* with the gun not just shooting you anyway.

I speak from the aspect of a person that has looked down the barrel of a gun during a robbery. Luckily he had not been properly instructed on the operation of a firearm, and used it as a club instead of shooting me with it- after I had "complied".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom