• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Which of the big box stores has the best selection of shotguns to handle? I am going to make a trek to one of these this week. I'm shopping for a semi auto shotgun.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Cabela's in Hamburg PA, hands down.

Have you considered any of the local shops, or are you gonna be in one of the big stores anyway?

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Cabela's in Hamburg PA, hands down.

Have you considered any of the local shops, or are you gonna be in one of the big stores anyway?

I will consider one of the local shops for purchase. I want to be able to handle a few. None of the local shops I have been in have many shotguns to play with. Thanks for the advice! I think I will make the trip to Cabelas!

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    And a few of the guys there really know their stuff regarding shotguns. It's probably worth stopping in there before making the 2.5 hour drive to Cabela's.

Of course, Cabela's is a blast to visit too, so you can't go wrong with visiting both places.

Bart's is probably the single best store near the beltway if you're looking for a high quality clays gun. At least one of the guys there is a very high level shotgun shooter/instructor and is a great source for info.

For the OP: What's your budget and what sport is the gun going to be used for?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    If you're looking for a gun specifically for the shooting sports, Bart's can't beat for the higher end selection. From my experience, service there can be spotty, but it's not terrible.

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Went to Cabelas today. Wow! It is quite impressive. It was really busy considering it was Wed. Really good service. Fell in love with the Beretta xplor 400. Now I just need to sell a kidney or one of my children an it will be mine!

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Went to Cabelas today. Wow! It is quite impressive. It was really busy considering it was Wed. Really good service. Fell in love with the Beretta xplor 400. Now I just need to sell a kidney or one of my children an it will be mine!

Did you eat fried chicken and mashed potatoes at the buffet? It's the only way to get the full experience.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If you go to Cabela's, make sure you have a full day. They have loads of guns, new and used, plus it is an awesome place with lots of other things.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    bass pro shops on a sat. 2-10 :innocent0 ask for "teacher rob".

you can always ask about a gun you're interested in first to see if it's in stock. If it's not, it can be ordered in. If you want to try emm first before buying, you could give pg trap n skeet a try and rent what you want b4 you buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom