• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onefastgun

Jan 1, 2013
    Bel Air MD
    I like to say hi to the form, I just joined today, En light of the looming new gun ban for Maryland , I was speaking to a local official in witch he informed me on upcoming hearings on the 1/3/2013 for the move on gun control for the state, I think o'malley is going to try to slide this by us , I am posting this to let the shooting community know they are starting early:mad54: Thanks onefastgun

Mr H

Banana'd
    Leaving the spelling and grammar aside...

Has anyone else heard of this?

Personally, I can't think of it being any more than just a kvetch-klatch, since the GA session will not be gaveled-in until the 9th...

But at the very least, I think this calls for a new round of emails/letters/calls...

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I like to say hi to the form, I just joined today, En light of the looming new gun bands for Maryland , I was speaking to a local official in witch he informed me on upcoming hearings on the 1/3/2013 for the move on gun control for the state, I think o'malley is going to try to slide this by us , I am posting this to let the shooting community know they are starting early:mad54: Thanks onefastgun

I think we may need a little guidance from the Grammar and Spelling Police!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Heard of a Maryland gun "ban"?

Nope, that's a new one. I'm sure it stirred up more than one toolbag into paying twice the reasonable value for an AR though.....

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I haven't heard this. I have heard that legislators are meeting informally and communicating about gun bans but I don't know of any public hearings they are having yet.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Since the GA does not assemble until 1200-09JAN, why would they hold hearings on 03JAN? Unless the OP is talking about a specific County or City board meeting?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think this is one to file away until we get more info.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move as early as possible once the session starts, but that shouldn't be a shocker to anyone. I haven't heard one way or the other if that is the plan though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom