• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    OK. I'm gonna ask another girl question, so brace yourself. Why do you wear shooting gloves? Is it to protect your hands from heat? Or, just to look "cool", like driving gloves? A girl's gotta know!:cool:

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    OK. I'm gonna ask another girl question, so brace yourself. Why do you wear shooting gloves? Is it to protect your hands from heat? Or, just to look "cool", like driving gloves? A girl's gotta know!:cool:

Racing sloves are not to just look "cool." They enhance the grip on the wheel. In the case of racing, they are Nomex lined and protect your hands in the event of fire.
    Don't know about shootin gloves as I only wear gloves while shooting during skeet and trap games in the winter.

Dec 6, 2011
    It's so you girls will know which guys want to swap lipstick and make up tips with you. Same for 5.11 clothing and any camo that isn't left over from military service. For some weird reason it's always like halloween at the range.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Never worn gloves on handguns. Kinda wanna wear one shooting shotguns now since one of the rails bit me.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I wear gloves (baseball batting gloves) to keep a good grip on the gun and to keep my sweat off of the wood. I cut the finger tips off of my warm weather pair.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    If I shoot my AR-15 rapidly the handguard gets hot, so gloves help with that. Almost 100% of the time I shoot with no gloves, I like to feel the operation of the gun.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I wear mittens when shooting.
    Mittens is not amused.
    1993-socks-southlawn-398h-758035.jpg

Mr H

Banana'd
    Funny, actually...

I get asked when I play golf why I DON'T wear gloves... I tell them I prefer direct contact.

Where shooting gloves are concerned, I have several pairs, but oddly enough have never worn them. The theory is that in various conditions I might need them for grip, dry, warmth, recoil comfort, etc...

But...

If you don't practice with them, they won't be as effective should you need them. So, since I don't wear them for practice, I have never pulled them out.

All personal preference, but consistency matters.

That said... if you're intetrested in wearing shooting gloves, look for Under Armor tacticals.

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    i usually wear a set of mechanix gloves mostly for grip, of course i go to Freestate today leave them in the car then on the way out leave my sweatshirt in on the range :facepalm:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    if it is someone shooting high-power or service rifle its my understanding that it is to protect your hand from the tension of the sling which can become painful on your hand.

cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks again. As for driving gloves, very few of the drivers I've seen that wear them ever raced anything. And, the race car drivers that I do know (my husband used to pit for Eddie Canupp) never wore them. They weren't the sissies of today;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom