• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    Do they permit pistols in the rifle lanes at Marriottsville? I can understand why they wouldn't want you to shoot rifles in the pistol lanes, but it seems reasonable to be able to shoot pistols in the rifle lanes if you are also firing rifles in those lanes. It would be nice not to have to jump from one type of lane to another. I am more than happy to do whatever the rules permit in order to not be thrown out, but since I haven't been there, I'm just curious.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    The "impact area" is the big wall of dirt that your shots hit after passing through your target. Everybody shoots pistiols on the 100 yard range, just dont shoot the ground or the trees.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    As Ganegrei states - the trick is to make sure your target height and bullet trajectory match so that the bullet strikes the berm rather than the lawn. This is to prevent ricochets. I stand 5'6" and in order to shoot pistols on the 100 yard line, i sit at the bench. If I stand, and the target is 25 yards away, inevitably the round will strike the lawn well in front of the berm at 100 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom