• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    Due to the unseasonably warm weather, I decided against shooting alone and indoors today at Continental Arms and grabbed my two sons, 10 and 15, and my father in law, and headed to AGC.

We took turns with my Walther P1 and P38 on the pistol range, and my father in laws Ruger Mark 111. Then moved up to the Barnes Rifle Range checked the scope on a deer rifle, then 100 rounds with my AR-15 trying out my new 30 round PMags I got at the Sports show in Harrrisburg, the PMags were great, for a target shooter the bigger mag the better, IMO. Then we finished with hundreds of rounds though the .22 Marlin Model 60.

Today was my 10 year old sons first day shooting. I let him shoot the Marlin Model 60. He wasn't afraid, he has been out with us as an observer over the last year, and had a great time. Someone shooting next to us had a couple of metallic clangers set up, and offered them to us to shoot at, that was fun, especially for the little one.:)

As we were finishing up, the Monumental Rifle and Pistol club's monthly meeting must have broken up, as we saw a raucous crowd of at least 25 new members being walked through the Barnes Range.:party29:

A great guys day out!:party29:

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    Sure beats my mid20's windy day last Sunday. Today was great. Good weather can make all the difference with a new shooter enjoying themself.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Next time you take your kids out to the range, have them ask the RSO if there is a clanger frame they could borrow. I try to keep one available for the kids to use.

Do not worry about them shooting the wood up. Just read my the bottom of my posting. As long as all the metal comes back the wood is cheap and grows on trees.

I only ask that they have fun

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    damifinowfish said:
    Next time you take your kids out to the range, have them ask the RSO if there is a clanger frame they could borrow. I try to keep one available for the kids to use.

Do not worry about them shooting the wood up. Just read my the bottom of my posting. As long as all the metal comes back the wood is cheap and grows on trees.

Reminds me I need to repaint my squirrel, but my wood's ok, I guess a sign my skills are ok. :D

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Due to the unseasonably warm weather, I decided against shooting alone and indoors today at Continental Arms and grabbed my two sons, 10 and 15, and my father in law, and headed to AGC.

We took turns with my Walther P1 and P38 on the pistol range, and my father in laws Ruger Mark 111. Then moved up to the Barnes Rifle Range checked the scope on a deer rifle, then 100 rounds with my AR-15 trying out my new 30 round PMags I got at the Sports show in Harrrisburg, the PMags were great, for a target shooter the bigger mag the better, IMO. Then we finished with hundreds of rounds though the .22 Marlin Model 60.

Today was my 10 year old sons first day shooting. I let him shoot the Marlin Model 60. He wasn't afraid, he has been out with us as an observer over the last year, and had a great time. Someone shooting next to us had a couple of metallic clangers set up, and offered them to us to shoot at, that was fun, especially for the little one.:)

As we were finishing up, the Monumental Rifle and Pistol club's monthly meeting must have broken up, as we saw a raucous crowd of at least 25 new members being walked through the Barnes Range.:party29:

Stopped by to get my picture range badge.

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011

Thanks! I look forward to meeting you out there one of these days.:)

atreeves

Apr 6, 2011
    we saw a raucous crowd of at least 25 new members being walked through the Barnes Range.

I wouldn't consider us a raucous crowd :D

For the record, it was 27 new members for Monumental!

I do have to say it was a wonderful first experience at the AGC and I appreciated the kind folks at Monumental making me feel at home when I signed up. I looked pretty hard at several clubs at the AGC before making the decision, but before the day was done I knew I had chosen the right one for me. :thumbsup:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD

I do have to say it was a wonderful first experience at the AGC and I appreciated the kind folks at Monumental making me feel at home when I signed up. I looked pretty hard at several clubs at the AGC before making the decision, but before the day was done I knew I had chosen the right one for me. :thumbsup:

Glad you joined! We have a lot to offer! I never regret joining over 15 years ago.

We may not be perfect, but we try to provide a lot of events for our members!

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

Should have finished up by coming to the trap range for some birds. Things were hoppin up there.We had over 50 shooters today between 12 and 4. Many shot as many as 4 rounds (25 birds/rnd).

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011

I heard you over the gunfire before I could see you, it was like we were under attack, a gang of people descending on us, a legion of green hatted individuals!

Should have finished up by coming to the trap range for some birds. Things were hoppin up there.We had over 50 shooters today between 12 and 4. Many shot as many as 4 rounds (25 birds/rnd).

I like shooting trap up at AGC, maybe next weekend.

No!

Picture Id is a club thing and not replacing the yellow 2012 range badge which is what you need to shoot at the AGC.

Thanks.

That is great!!!!

the more the merrier!:)

Soda

Dec 14, 2010

I could have made it 28. My wife ended up breaking her wrist in 2 places on Saturday morning. I got to spend the day with her at the emergency room instead of going to the Monumental meeting. I had been looking forward to joining for months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom