• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Hi all,

I know nothing about archery or bow shooting, but I am curious and recently my father in law gifted me with a compound bow.

I believe it is a 60lb draw, but I am not sure of the weight or the draw length.

When doing some reading on the subject, I am interested in getting the bow set up for me, as far as draw length and pull strength. Is there somewhere in the Middle River/Essex area and surrounding that can do this for me?

I also want someone to check out the string, etc.... and also evaluate the arrows that came with it.

Any advice appreciated. I would give more info but it is at the house and I am at work atm, I cannot remember a model number or brand name.

Oh, and the purpose of this bow is basically just target shooting, I don't really hunt and am not planning to bow hunt with it.

Thanks,

Rich

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Hi all,

I know nothing about archery or bow shooting, but I am curious and recently my father in law gifted me with a compound bow.

I believe it is a 60lb draw, but I am not sure of the weight or the draw length.

When doing some reading on the subject, I am interested in getting the bow set up for me, as far as draw length and pull strength. Is there somewhere in the Middle River/Essex area and surrounding that can do this for me?

I also want someone to check out the string, etc.... and also evaluate the arrows that came with it.

Any advice appreciated. I would give more info but it is at the house and I am at work atm, I cannot remember a model number or brand name.

Oh, and the purpose of this bow is basically just target shooting, I don't really hunt and am not planning to bow hunt with it.

Thanks,

Rich

If you are unsure of the age of the bow string dont pull it back...it could snap if its old...any bow shop should be able to get you a new string and get your draw length...others will follow for good places up closer to you...

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I like to use Autumn Sky in Street MD. There's also Deer Creek Archery in Churchville. Both in Harford County.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    If you want to get into archery you should not start off with a 60 pound bow. In order to get good at target shooting you should begin with a 30-35 pound recurve and work up to higher draw weight later. It is going to be difficult to practice proper shooting form having to draw 60 pounds each time.

geichel

May 4, 2012
    Perry Hall, Md
    Ill second Autumn Sky! Great shop, a little far away from you but WELL worth the drive. I've purchased two bows there so far and I would not go anywhere else. Also if you didnt know there is a great range in Gunpowder State Park at the end of Ebenezer Rd. Its FREE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom