• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BaltimoreBass

Nov 13, 2008
    Baltimore
    I'm thinking about picking up another cheap shotgun to tinker with and I was looking at this one at Gun Connection IAC Hawk Model 982. Does anyone have any personal experience with this weapon?

Last edited:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Yeah, i got one from dan. I wanted one for a while, and he had em for a good price. Its seems pretty solid. Took it over to my friends house right after i bought it, and put 200 rounds of 7 shot through it and my friends brand new rem 870 tactical. Both shot great. The ghost rings on the IAC helped a little better with hitting the clays, for me at least.

For the most part, mag extensions and forearms, wont swap beteewn the 2 models, but there are exceptions. There wont be much to tinker with as far as customizing, but its set up pretty nice as is. I think i may use some loktite on the screws for the ghost rings, just to protect them from coming loose under recoil.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    just bought one this weekend, ordered the proper mag extension for it and might have it by weekend. Its a good piece for the money

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    It just seems to be way too cheap for a good gun. Well my Mossy only setup me back $300.

Its a chinese remington clone. Copy of a design that was cheap to mass produce 50 years ago. There is the mossberg 88, which is a clone of the mossy 500, it costs even less than the IAC.

Even remington is importing these and selling them under the N.E.F. name.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    its a good shotgun for a good price. I put a few rounds through mine last week. Went bang every time :D

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    found another part that carries over, the magazine spring retainer also fits a 11-87

MAX100

Aug 2, 2008
    They are excellent for the money and a steal.

Machined extractor and ejector
    Aluminum Trigger
    All 870 parts and accessories will fit. The barrels will with a spacer
    High carbon steel receiver
    Excellent set of GRS

If anyone would like to upgrade the flat head GRS screws with socket head screws, the size is M4. The two screws that hold the GRS assembly on and the elevation set screw.

Here is the Canadian imported Norinco made 12.5" barrel Grizzly. It is imported by Domonion Arms. Same shotgun as the Norinco 982 & 981 imported into the US. Norinco put the barrel ring in the same location as on the Remington 870 for the shorter barrel. The barrel & bolt will interchange with the 870. Nice looking shotgun.

Domonion Arms Grizzly (12.5" 870 Clone) Link:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278347

GC

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    They are excellent for the money and a steal.

Machined extractor and ejector
    Aluminum Trigger
    All 870 parts and accessories will fit. The barrels will with a spacer
    High carbon steel receiver
    Excellent set of GRS

If anyone would like to upgrade the flat head GRS screws with socket head screws, the size is M4. The two screws that hold the GRS assembly on and the elevation set screw.

Here is the Canadian imported Norinco made 12.5" barrel Grizzly. It is imported by Domonion Arms. Same shotgun as the Norinco 982 & 981 imported into the US. Norinco put the barrel ring in the same location as on the Remington 870 for the shorter barrel. The barrel & bolt will interchange with the 870. Nice looking shotgun.

Domonion Arms Grizzly (12.5" 870 Clone) Link:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278347

GC

Give me more info on the barrel swaps. What has to be done ect?

MAX100

Aug 2, 2008
    Give me more info on the barrel swaps. What has to be done ect?

The barrel ring on the 870 is set lower than the one on the 982. You need to cut a pipe or tube that will fit over the 982 shotgun mag tube. It needs to fill the space between the 870 barrel ring and the mag cap. So when you screw the mag cap on it will lock the barrel in. It needs to be the right OD & ID. The ID should be about the same ID of the mag cap and barrel ring. The OD should fit snug around the mag tube like the barrel ring so the barrel won't have any side to side movement. Paint it a matte black and it will look good.

It should be simple. I have been planning on doing one but I haven't had time.

GC

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom