Who sells the plastic barrel rests for gun cabinets?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pumperp5

Feb 19, 2010
    Upperco
    I have a 14-gun Stack On rifle cabinet that I bought on sale from Dick's SG's and am not thrilled with the foam barrel rests. Scoped rifles do not fit well at all. They push the foam rests right to the back of the cabinet. Do they make plastic or wood barrel rest extensions for scoped rifles especially for these cabinets? Or have any of you designed/made some yourself? I cant find them anywhere. Stack-on sells them on certain models and I cant even find them thru their site. Any idea's?

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I have a 14-gun Stack On rifle cabinet that I bought on sale from Dick's SG's and am not thrilled with the foam barrel rests. Scoped rifles do not fit well at all. They push the foam rests right to the back of the cabinet. Do they make plastic or wood barrel rest extensions for scoped rifles especially for these cabinets? Or have any of you designed/made some yourself? I cant find them anywhere. Stack-on sells them on certain models and I cant even find them thru their site. Any idea's?

As in Rifle Rods?

They're pretty slick and increase storage capacity :thumbsup: (And Katie is pretty hot...)

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    there are magnetic ones you can stick inside to any wall of the safe. I believe I have seen them at one of the general internet sites like CTD, Midway, Brownells, cannot find it there rigth now but here is one I found:

210540000.png

http://pfstore.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=425

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You could pick up a piece of Azek (pvc plastic) 1 x 4 at home depot. Cut notches with a jigsaw or coping saw. Glue the notched horizontal piece onto an unnotched upright piece of the same length to form an "L". (Glue with ordinary PVC glue from the plumbing department- costs 1/4 the fancy Azek glue.) Screw bracket to the pack of your cabinet/ safe, perhaps right on through into the wall studs.

I need to do that myself...

Or just screw a wood 1x4 to the back wall of the cabinet, drill holes every few inches and glue some short dowels in.

-----------

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    there are magnetic ones you can stick inside to any wall of the safe. I believe I have seen them at one of the general internet sites like CTD, Midway, Brownells, cannot find it there rigth now but here is one I found:

210540000.png

http://pfstore.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=425

Those are more for your vehicle for in the field, or on the outside of your safe. Most safes have fire insulation of some type or at least carpet on the inside, so it wouldn't be able to stick to the steel exterior?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Those are more for your vehicle for in the field, or on the outside of your safe. Most safes have fire insulation of some type or at least carpet on the inside, so it wouldn't be able to stick to the steel exterior?

He says this is a Stack-on gun cabinet. I doubt it has insulation or carpeting.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    mine is also a cheapo Stack-On and I have my handguns hanging on magnetic hooks on the inside of the door in their bulldog pouches.

pumperp5

Feb 19, 2010
    Upperco
    You could pick up a piece of Azek (pvc plastic) 1 x 4 at home depot. Cut notches with a jigsaw or coping saw. Glue the notched horizontal piece onto an unnotched upright piece of the same length to form an "L". (Glue with ordinary PVC glue from the plumbing department- costs 1/4 the fancy Azek glue.) Screw bracket to the pack of your cabinet/ safe, perhaps right on through into the wall studs.

I need to do that myself...

Or just screw a wood 1x4 to the back wall of the cabinet, drill holes every few inches and glue some short dowels in.

-----------

Thats a great idea. Thanks.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    He says this is a Stack-on gun cabinet. I doubt it has insulation or carpeting.

I also have a stack-on gun cabinet (I only put cheap rimfires/air rifles in there to keep clutter out of my safes) and forgot they didn't have any sort of fire proofing inside. My bad :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom