• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    what is entailed in fan appreciation day?

There are a lot of giveaways during the game. Everyone that goes this year will receive a Caps cooler. They also do a jersey giveaway after they game. Fans are randomly selected by seat # during the game, and when the game is over they go down on the ice and get player's jerseys right off their backs.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Agreed. I always just take the metro in to Chinatown from Shady Grove so's I can get my drink on and still have time to sober-up with someone else at the controls. I forget the name of it but there's also an Irish pub within staggering distance of Verizon that's always a ball.

Are you talking about that "Fado" place across the street? I love that place but they are waaaaaaay expensive. Very cool looking place inside though and they have good beer on tap there you don't see at some of the other spots (Harp, Smithwicks, Bass, Guinness, etc)

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am sure there are some Caps fans on here...

My wife and I are going to the game on Saturday, 3/31/12. I have tried to get tickets for the last couple years. By some draw of luck I was able to get these back in Sept when they went on sale. We will be 4 row off the ice. I will have to look @ what section.

I have never been to the Verizon Center (I frequently work in DC), and wanted to know if I can get some info on what to expect getting in Verizon center and just general info about the whole experience. Anything I should avoid or try to experience?

Thanks guys

GO CAPS

We only go to "day" games, and take the Metro.

But, since it's a 7:00 game, make a day of it.

Go early, maybe (since the weather might be ooky) grab a pass through the Smithsonian museum(s) of your choice. Early dinner in Chinatown (or the Greene Turtle @ the "Phone Booth" if you want something simple), and have a blast at the game.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I've been to quite a few games, guess I'm what you call a fairweather fan tho. I don't watch on tv too often but go to a game whenever I can. Guys I worked with at my old job were friends with Corey Labre (Ivan Labre's son). I went to a couple games with both of them. They would wear fancy suits there and we sat right behind the glass.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I would make a day of it but I work in dc a lot, there is nothing in a museum that I haven't seen something cooler. When my daughter is older, if I am still in the area I will definitely take her to the museums. And I certainly don't like walking around downtown in the rain...

BTW there is a certain govt agency around dc that has saddam's golden guns on display in the lobby. Not open to the public, but they are like nothing you have seen. I also got to be part of a crew that turned the capital dome lights out (planned).
    Back on topic, how great was it to see Tim Thomas act like a b#tch after that hendricks s/o goal... Made it worth it not winning in the 3rd...

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Back on topic, how great was it to see Tim Thomas act like a b#tch after that hendricks s/o goal... Made it worth it not winning in the 3rd...
    :lol2: The absolute BEST was seeing Timmy fall on his freakin' face after fleeing the ice in a hissy-fit, tripping on his way out the door off-ice while heading into the dressing rooms. :lol:

I believe it is Fado, BTW; I'm a sucker for Mick beers on tap.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    So, we were 6 rows off ice, game was awesome. Now if we can keep it together this week...
    aeff20a7-a4f8-a0d5.jpg
    aeff20a7-a516-a1aa.jpg

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I am part of the prestigious "partial plan" upper echelon. ie, we have seats three rows from the top for ten games.

Great experience and love watching them. I remember going when Hunter was palying for the Caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom