• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Anyone deal with Just Guns in Parkville? I live in the area and was wondering how people like this shop. Also, how much do they charge for transfers? Thanks.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Strange folks and high prices, thats just been my experience.

Go to The Gun Shop, 1614 Eastern Blvd. in Essex.

Even Christian Soldier is better (if you can deal with his crazy hours)

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    The service is not friendly, but not unfriendly. Pretty average. I did have to chase someone down to show me something in the display case....they don't seem to eager sometimes.

I have gotten two shotguns and a Mosin from there, and all the transactions were quick and painless.

If it's your only option, go there. If it's not, go to The Gun Shop in Essex or Gun Connection.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I can't complain, they have a wide selection, pretty friendly, seem to know their stuff. I think their transfer fee is $50.00 but don't hold me to that.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I walked in awhile back and asked about transfers,the guy was shaking his head no before i even finished my question. had made comments about should buy a tantal, he could put a round in your head type of attitude at 100 yds, ASSCLOWN, I'm not planning on going back, and walked right passed there table at the Putty hill show. I'll stick with Christian Soldier, Bought 3 from him and he has done 3 transfers.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I've only bought 1 firearm from JG taht was a smooth but every time I go in there they don't seem interested in helping. At least they're not pushy!! They didn't seem very knowledgable either, I had asked questions about the CETME and the guy didn't know anything.

+1 with the Gun SHop...very nice people there. They always offer to buy coffee at Dunkin Donuts everytime i'm there. good people. The owner at Christian Soldier is really nice, I think he's a career firefighter so they have strange hours....but he's very nice!

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I walked in awhile back and asked about transfers,the guy was shaking his head no before i even finished my question. had made comments about should buy a tantal, he could put a round in your head type of attitude at 100 yds, ASSCLOWN, I'm not planning on going back, and walked right passed there table at the Putty hill show. I'll stick with Christian Soldier, Bought 3 from him and he has done 3 transfers.

Bought a XD40 from them. price on that gun was lower than other shops. Their price on a Bersa Thunder however was $40 higher than the shop I got it from.

Christian Soldier could be giving guns away and I wouldn't step foot in that whacko's shop.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    They got some cool stuff to look at but everything is super expensive and Ive seen a few guns that like twice the price that you can find em at The Gun Shop or other places nearby.

There is one older guy there that used to get on my nerves and wears goofy tactical vests and always mentions that he can do stuff and you cant because he is law enforcement, and I honestly dont know if he is or not. This guy tried to explain to me that you couldnt even carry a magazine with ammunition in it because it displays intent to carry a loaded weapon(unless your law enforcement like him). There was an Uzi behind the counter and he explained to some guy that he couldnt own one with a short barrel but he himself could have one because he was law enforcement.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    Bought a XD40 from them. price on that gun was lower than other shops. Their price on a Bersa Thunder however was $40 higher than the shop I got it from.

Christian Soldier could be giving guns away and I wouldn't step foot in that whacko's shop.

I'f i remember correctly Just guns was higher on transfers,$10 ,I think , no biggey, he just struck me wrong. The first impression is alot with me.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

whats wrong wiht Christian Soldier. I've only been there 2x and never bought anything. THeir hours are strange!!! how are they whacko?? just wondering

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    They got some cool stuff to look at but everything is super expensive and Ive seen a few guns that like twice the price that you can find em at The Gun Shop or other places nearby.

There is one older guy there that used to get on my nerves and wears goofy tactical vests and always mentions that he can do stuff and you cant because he is law enforcement, and I honestly dont know if he is or not. This guy tried to explain to me that you couldnt even carry a magazine with ammunition in it because it displays intent to carry a loaded weapon(unless your law enforcement like him). There was an Uzi behind the counter and he explained to some guy that he couldnt own one with a short barrel but he himself could have one because he was law enforcement.[/QUOTE]

He told me he was a contracted U.S. MArshall working in a unit in the city. Blah blah blah bragged about it the entire time and then proceeded to try and sell me a Glock 23 for 675 dollars. I laughed and walked out. Guy was a squirrel if ive ever seen one.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    whats wrong wiht Christian Soldier. I've only been there 2x and never bought anything. THeir hours are strange!!! how are they whacko?? just wondering

I bet because the word Christian is in the Name. :sad20:

I hope not but he didn't seem eagar to explain when he said it.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I bet because the word Christian is in the Name. :sad20:

I hope not but he didn't seem eagar to explain when he said it.

huh?? the guy was REALLY COOL!!! He even called me back after I left to follow up wiht a gun I was interested in. I didn't see any crosses or bibles or anything like that? i wonder???

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I dont even know where christian solder is located??? But I have been in Just Guns twice. I was actually in there last friday and got bit by the dog behind the counter with one blue eye. If they werent carrying guns in there I would of knocked that dog out.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I dont even know where christian solder is located??? But I have been in Just Guns twice. I was actually in there last friday and got bit by the dog behind the counter with one blue eye. If they werent carrying guns in there I would of knocked that dog out.

you passed Christian soldier twice then. They are in a house kinda on the left corner of it. Its easy to miss. ive been there once.

Just guns is Ok, the are a little Odd, and some of the prices are high, but i got a old Mossberg .22 with a original 4 power mossberg scope for 100.00 +tax. :thumbsup:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    you passed Christian soldier twice then. They are in a house kinda on the left corner of it. Its easy to miss. ive been there once.

Just guns is Ok, the are a little Odd, and some of the prices are high, but i got a old Mossberg .22 with a original 4 power mossberg scope for 100.00 +tax. :thumbsup:

thats right....its right at the Balt Co FOP Lodge. its right at the beltway

onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD
    Rob and Shannon of Christian Soldiers are very nice and accomodating. Got my first gun there and some transfers. You just have to call to find out their schedules.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Rob and Shannon of Christian Soldiers are very nice and accomodating. Got my first gun there and some transfers. You just have to call to find out their schedules.

Shannon is Rob's wife, correct? As I have posted before, nice people. The issue for me with that shop is that my schedule and their schedule do not usually work out.

I have bought from Just Guns before, but not recently. Gun Connection is easier for me.

Both of these shops could benefit if they joined this site and became IP's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom