• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    You have got to be kidding me??!!??

What do they do with all the OTHER money they confiscate from me?

I have well/septic, this is absurd. I was already all torqued up over this bill passing....!

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    I've joked that the government would tax the rain if it could. I never thought they'd actually do it.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Is the same thing that the MGA was fillibustering at the end of the regular session last year? I thought it died at sine die....

What's next they going to tax sunshine?

Mark

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    Is the same thing that the MGA was fillibustering at the end of the regular session last year? I thought it died at sine die....

What's next they going to tax sunshine?

Mark

well you do pay sales tax on any solar panels you purchase....so its not too far fetched.

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    Why don't they stop wasting money then they could try lowering taxes. The thing that drives me nuts is everyone will bitch but then when it's time to vote they keep voting these ****ers in. If the wife would agree I would so be packing for va

streetdude

Oct 3, 2012
    this rain tax will apply to counties that border the bay. will be happening in harford come july 1. this was due to federal EPA regulations. just when you think there is nothing else left to tax. can't wait until next year to see what they come up with.:mad54:

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    "All property owners, except state and local governments and volunteer fire companies..."

Because they have magic asphalt and concrete that doesn't contribute to run off in any way, shape or form. :innocent0
    Most homeowners don't have that much paved surface anyway. The above gubmint parking lots are what taxpayers are being punished for.

tm12

Dec 22, 2012
    Yet more proof that the politicians in MD never saw a tax they didn't like. Our elected officials (all levels) have no regard whatsoever for those they are supposed to represent. Having a hard time balancing the household budget? Well, too bad because we're going to take more of your $$ anyway.

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    this rain tax will apply to counties that border the bay. will be happening in harford come july 1. this was due to federal EPA regulations. just when you think there is nothing else left to tax. can't wait until next year to see what they come up with.:mad54:

Slightly incorrect.

Each county has to find a way to fund their stormwater management projects called out in the EPA Watershed Improvement Plans. Howard county chose a new property tax. Other counties may do the same, or take it out of hide.

Every single county in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (64,000 miles covering portions of 6 states) from Cooperstown New York, to Lower Delaware, to the Shenandoah Valley are faced with this.

It is good because water quality is important for a healthy Chesapeake Bay (economic engine for MD and VA), but it is bad that the citizens are having to bear the brunt when the government could have been more creative.

streetdude

Oct 3, 2012
    Slightly incorrect.

Each county has to find a way to fund their stormwater management projects called out in the EPA Watershed Improvement Plans. Howard county chose a new property tax. Other counties may do the same, or take it out of hide.

Every single county in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (64,000 miles covering portions of 6 states) from Cooperstown New York, to Lower Delaware, to the Shenandoah Valley are faced with this.

It is good because water quality is important for a healthy Chesapeake Bay (economic engine for MD and VA), but it is bad that the citizens are having to bear the brunt when the government could have been more creative.

don't care what you call it, at the end of the day it is a tax. i don't buy the "health of the Bay" BS either. lets face it, the bay will never be pristine again. Protecting the "Bay" is right up there with protecting the children line of BS we get from the politicians of all flavors. Wasn't expanding gambling venues, the flush tax, increase in gas taxes,tolls, etc etc etc supposed to fix all that? as with this regulation there are caveats & exceptions, but in general if you own a home in this state be prepared to pay more taxes.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I have a $1 that says the cost of collecting the tax will eat up 90% of the "new money" if not all of it. Will take a little army of gov't bureaucrats to do all this work.

theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    I've lived in Howard County all my life and my wife and I just bought a house here.... I am seriously regretting that decision.

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    They are doing the same thing in AA county, I happen to own some commerical property, I hope the tax is not more than my property tax. This is just too much.

pseudonym

Mar 4, 2013
    HoCo
    How long until we see this reported?

Howard County property owners can expect to see a new fee on their annual tax bill in January 2014.

After a 15 minute legislative session Friday that included the passage of 532 tax raising amendments, the Howard County Council voted to approve legislation creating a county-mandated fresh air fee to fund whatever the county council wants. The average residential property owner will be charged about $1,000, according to county officials, but the fees are expected to be much, much higher.

“These people are suckers,” said a Council member "and we are going to squeeze these sucker dry.”

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Perfect ... I live in western HoCo. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. UHG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom