Anyone have exp w/ ALG Combat Trigger (ACT)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I just bought one and took it out over the weekend. I was not very impressed. Stick with the stock one, or go straight to a crazy expensive trigger.

Does this look well polished to you?

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    I have heard mixed reviews about them as well. the company is the daughter of Giesselle that is where the "tuned by" is coming from. Seems to be a decent competitor for the spikes battle trigger since it is basically the same thing (if it isn't someone please tell me what the spikes has over it) I was looking at other options for the coated triggers and found WMD guns offers a nickel boron coated fire control group for a decent price. (talked to them about a group buy but have a few other feelers out there to go with it)
    If anyone has heard anything good/bad or indifferent about the WMD FCG please let me know

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I just bought one and took it out over the weekend. I was not very impressed. Stick with the stock one, or go straight to a crazy expensive trigger.

Does this look well polished to you?

It looks just as good maybe even a little better than my spikes battle trigger. My spikes does not have the nice shiny polished areas where the trigger spring would sit. Beyond that I am not a chemist and do not now the hardness difference between nickel-boron and nickel teflon

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I do know it is more expensive than the Spike battle trigger from Joe Bobs

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    If you have a stock trigger now, try polishing it a little and liberally applying moly grease. Should get you a similar feel.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    I have the ALG and a Spike's Battle Trigger. So far, based on dry firing, the ALG is a little smoother and breaks a little crisper than the Spike's.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Did anyone here pickup any of the Kies Nickel Boron FCG's on here? We sent out a newsletter this weekend debuting these (with free KNS pins for the first batch which sold out within 72 hours or so) but weren't for sure if anyone picked one up off of here.

The machining and finishing is much better than most "mil spec" FCG's, or any other nickel boron FCG's we currently carry (Excluding brand names ;)). They have lower power springs, have been hand worked, and nickel boron coated. Several of the guys here at the shop here picked some up to try out in personal builds. They are a nice trigger. We're hoping to get some good subjective 3rd party reviews of people with multiple triggers as these get out there. None of us here at the shop have seen or tried the ALG.

We should have more of them hitting within a week or so. They are a nice trigger for the price, and IMO, the best we've seen or used in that price point and should fill a nice niche in the trigger market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom